• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Blinker Harness Headaches

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Ok, so last night I finally got off my can to replace my blinker harness. Take the old one out, get the new harness in, hook everything up before I put the steering wheel & collar back on to see if it works and voila....everything works like it should. I put the collar & wheel back on and voila...the brake lights are gone, the flashers are gone and the pass side blinkers are gone. I still have tail lights & driver side blinkers. I don't know what the h*ll happened. I took the wheel & collar off again and it works again. Put them back on and the problem again. I looked for pinched wires but didn't see any. Am I missing something??:?

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Same thing happened to me....
the wires were pinched behind the turn signal arm nipple. Where it fits into the hole in the collar. Have I explained good enough..?

OP
OP
Sbolt19

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I think I know what you are talking about. Where the blinker arm screws into the harness? Right below that? I am going to take it apart again tonight and see.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Definitely check for anyplace it's pinched, but also double check the wiring. I had 2-3 wires that were the same color as stock, but had different function, so I had to figure out which wire went where.

It's a pain to have to troubleshoot, but it did only take me 30 minutes or so to get it all sorted out.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
in the yellow marked area is where I am talking...

Attachments

• dash2.JPG
    dash2.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Sbolt19

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Thats where I thought. I actually traced the old wires down and drew my own little schematic to make sure I didn't cross the wires on the new one. I imagine it is probably a pinched wire....just pisses me off.