• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sunvisor Installation Help/Ideas Needed

nybronc

Loc.
Greenlawn, NY
Does anyone have any good ideas on how to install sunvisors without using a wiper motor cover? I need some ideas on how to mount them in the middle of the windshield frame. Pictures would be really helpful.

Thanks.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
I was thinking about this the other day. Maybe a 'L' bracket on each side of the visor ... maybe turn a closed 'C' at the ends to hold the rods in. Not got to it yet...but it might work

70 sport WA

nybronc said:
Does anyone have any good ideas on how to install sunvisors without using a wiper motor cover? I need some ideas on how to mount them in the middle of the windshield frame. Pictures would be really helpful.

Thanks.

If you get a set of 66-78 (maybe wrong on the last year) visors that went in rigs without electric wipers, they have both attach points on the windshield frame. However, a couple new holes may need to be drilled, but that's about it.

OP
OP
N

nybronc

Loc.
Greenlawn, NY
Hot Wheels - those are some pretty cool lenses. I'll have to check them out.

I'm also going to look into the visors from the trucks without electric wipers. I didn't think about that. I'd like to see a pic of that set-up, if anyone has one.

In the meantime, I'm toying with fabricating a simple support bracket, similar to the kind that are used to hold curtain rods. You know, a kind of upside down hook that I could mount in the center of the windshield frame and rest the ends of the visor into. I'm also going to see what I can figure out in terms of a swivel mount for the other ends, so I can flip the visors over to the side windows, in case of glare from the side.

If and when I figure it out, I'll throw a couple of pics up here.

Thanks for the input.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I got in on that mass buy of the Rosen visors. They are extremely adjustable and work great. I thought about fabbing something up or using something from another vehicle, but in hind-sight but I am glad I didn't.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I will give it a X3 on the Rosen visors. Still in the box but very nice quality. You should ask him if he will still give you the mass buy price/deal...couldnt hurt....alot of folks got in on it, so he may be willing to hook you up.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
Go to the junkyard and look inside a 1980's Econoline. Check out the visors and you'll find what you need. Sorry no pics but if you go and check it out I promise it is what you are looking for.