• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spicer L/S for D44

kbronco

Have any of ya'll used or heard much about the Spicer Limited Slip carriers. I haven't really heard anything about them, and I don't know how much they should cost new. I had a local 4x4 shop offer me one for what he said was about half price. I just wanted to find out how these compare to stock L/S, Power Lock, etc. Also any price information would be helpful as well.

Thanks

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Spicer and Dana are the same company. They have 2 different limited slips for the Dana 44. One is the Trac Lock that Ford used in them which is what the stock one Ford used is. The other is the Power Lock. There is a big difference in strength between them though. The trac lock uses 2 spiders while the power lock uses 4. It looks like there was a huge drop in the price of the Power Lock since JBG is selling it for about $235 now. (It use to be $400 plus) The trac lock appears to have gone up in price since I believe it use to sell for around $120 and is now at about $220. Based on these prices the choice is pretty easy. At $220 the trac lock is way overpriced when compared to the Power Lock.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
$200 for a trac loc is the going price So about $100 would be a decent deal Take outs usaully go for about $125 but if its a power lock for half price it would be a better deal as Saddleup stated its a much better unit. Both are good choices for front axles