• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Electrical ISSUEs

shwagy357

Loc.
Clemmons, NC
I am currentlly running a 93 Mustang HO motor with Ryans harness. This setup has been running fine for me for about 3/4 of a year. The other day I drove over to my brothers house, and as I was leaving, when I turned the key THe check engine light came on (which it should) and I heard the fuel pump turn on, but when I turned the key to start I heard 4 or 5 snapping noises (needless to say the bronco did not crank). The second time i turned the key The engine light came on but turned off before I could turn the key to the start position, and has not come back on since. Now nothing happens when I turn the key no fuel pump no engine light nothing. The headlights do not work or the horn. I checked the battery, tighten the battery connections, and cleaned the battery terminals. Does anybody have any ideas?

Duke Nukem

Loc.
Simi Valley
It sounds like more of a general electrical problem than anything EFI specific. You should get a voltmeter and check to see if you have power. Also check your ground wires to make sure something didn't come loose.

COBlu77

Loc.
Arvada, CO
Check the 4 fuses and the 4 relays in Ryan's harness. If you blew a fuse you probably have a short somewhere. Relays go bad occasionally too. I always carry a spare.