• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ignition switch question

67u13

Loc.
austin texas
There is a terminal on the back of the ignition switch where a pair of wires on a single eyelet are supposed to mount. I have an aftermarket ignition switch and I was wondering where this goes? (positive or negative)

70_Steve

Old Guy
Not sure I understand the positive/negative thing..?:? The connection on the ignition switch with two connection is the Coil connection. There's suupposed to be a Pink resistor wire, which goes to the ignition coil, and a Greenw/Red stripe wire that goes to the voltage regulator. When the key is in the Run position, both the Coil and Accy terminals are hot.

OP
OP

67u13

Loc.
austin texas
The colors are Black with a Green stripe(12 gauge) and solid green (16 gauge).
These are molded together into a single eyelet that was originally attached to the terminal that protrudes from the rear center of the switch. Thanks for any help you can offer.