• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HELP!!! gas tank sending unit

Lxander213

Loc.
Hodgenville, KY
Anybody,

I have been working on the ol'bronco all day. Have a problem with the tank sending unit. It is leaking. Need a new one. I looked on JBG for a new one, the picture shows only one tube coming from the sending unit. I have two tubes, one little one and one a little larger. Are there supposed to be one or two tubes. Any help would be very appreciated..

Last edited:

oldiron

Bronco Guru
Try this

Here's what I did. Since the bronco sending unit isn't available at local parts stores do this; Get a sending unit for a late 70's ford f-100 at your parts store, the dimensions are close enough to work with a little work.
Hold the new unit next to the old one, and CAREFULLY bend the new to match the old, do the same thing with the float arm untill they match up as close as you can make it. After I did mine it works great and the guage is even correct. Can't remember exactly but I think the new unit was under 40 bucks and I had it that day, beats paying more and waiting for over a week.
Greg

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Hey I just got a new WILD HORSE CATOLOG and it had several gauge unit in the new catolog and if I remember there was a statement about the return line on one gauge call them ...