• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Flexplate to Crankshaft orientation

Recko555

I have recently installed a 5.0 crate engine in my '76 bronco. With that came alot of unexpected problems associated with mating up to my stock c4. Now that I have put a new 50 oz harmonic balancer on the front of the engine and picked up the new 50 oz flexplate and special ordered the torque converter to match, I am ready to put it all together. The question I have deals with the flexplate orientation. When bolting the flexplate to the crank, where does the weight need to be positioned. It seems to me that if it is not located properly in conjunction with the harmonic balancer weight that the engine will be out of balance. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
Recko555

Recko555

There are 6 bolts. It only goes on one way? I can't screw this up?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Recko555 said:
There are 6 bolts. It only goes on one way? I can't screw this up?
Whoops, yes there are 6 bolts (Don't know what I was thinking when I said 4). It is set up with the bolts offset so that they will only go together one way so it would be pretty hard to mess it up. Just be sure you put the block plate on first because it isn't any fun pulling the motor back out to put it on later. (Been there, done that)