• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Drive shaft length

JoseyWales

Loc.
Chattanooga, TN
I've got new BC Bronco 2.5" leaf springs on the back now. My driveshaft was custom made for a 3.5" lift. I'm worried my rear drive shaft is going to be too long after I rotate the axle to correct the driveline angle. What is a good guideline to go by to determine my optimum drive shaft length?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Its hard to say wether it will be ok or not I would think that it should be but your going to have to test it to make sure if it is to long you could always cut a little off the splines. Not real sure on a good way to test it other than possibly loading the back end down as much as possible and checking to see how much travel you have left at that point. Or finding someone with good measurements I run a stock D shaft with a 2.5in lift and I know some people run stock shafts with 3.5in lifts os I would think that you would be ok but you still need to check and make sure you never know.

OP
OP
JoseyWales

JoseyWales

Loc.
Chattanooga, TN
Yeah I guess I could press the bumper down with a bobcat til the bump stops hit, and then see if the drive shaft is bottoming out.