• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech question

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
I'm helping a friend (board member Dawg_enD) put in a Centech harness and have to say I think everything looks quite well made except for one thing. The grommets that seal the firewall do not actually fit the opening. They're close but not close enough to fit and stay there. So I want to know what others have done about this. The Bronco is a '73 if that matters.

Oh, and since his truck is so pretty I know you'll want to see a pic:

Attachments

• Resize of PC010061.JPG
    Resize of PC010061.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 39

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
SeaBiscuit68 said:
I'm helping a friend (board member Dawg_enD) put in a Centech harness and have to say I think everything looks quite well made except for one thing. The grommets that seal the firewall do not actually fit the opening. They're close but not close enough to fit and stay there. So I want to know what others have done about this. The Bronco is a '73 if that matters.

Oh, and since his truck is so pretty I know you'll want to see a pic:

Been there and done that with my 75... I bought my Centech from BCB, one side fit well and the other was loose. Jason at BCB said take a long punch and gently tap the rolled edge of the hole on the engine side, all around as best as you can. You are just decreasing the size of the hole slightly. It worked for me.;D

Doug

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
No help for you since mine is still in the box but damn thats a nice Bronco, thats the same color that was covered up by poop brown on my 72, I could go for that again!!! Looks like somebody's having a work party. Hey we missed you at the meet and greet on Nov 18th. You'll have to make it down next time, I have a side yard of parts too if you need anything.

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
PDXBronco said:
No help for you since mine is still in the box but damn thats a nice Bronco, thats the same color that was covered up by poop brown on my 72, I could go for that again!!! Looks like somebody's having a work party. Hey we missed you at the meet and greet on Nov 18th. You'll have to make it down next time, I have a side yard of parts too if you need anything.

Metallic lime green is so '70s and so cool too! Yeah we were having a party. Mike kept the woodstove stoked and I got stuffed on Pepperoni - my favorite. I really wanted to make it down there but my ride fell through. Anyway thanks for thinking of me, We'll hook up next time one way or another.

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
904Bronco said:
Been there and done that with my 75... I bought my Centech from BCB, one side fit well and the other was loose. Jason at BCB said take a long punch and gently tap the rolled edge of the hole on the engine side, all around as best as you can. You are just decreasing the size of the hole slightly. It worked for me.;D

Doug

Okay I'll see if he'll go for that. I was thinking about trying to reuse the old ones but didn't see how to do that without slicing them or something.

Kaw-Liga

Loc.
Palm Coast, FL
Buy a grommet that fits the whole. Autozone here in DeLand has an entire wall dedicated to grommets. You could pull out the hammer, but why not take a drive and pick up some sudds, I know you gotta be thirsty after all that pizza.

Rob

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Kaw-Liga said:
Buy a grommet that fits the whole. Autozone here in DeLand has an entire wall dedicated to grommets. You could pull out the hammer, but why not take a drive and pick up some sudds, I know you gotta be thirsty after all that pizza.

Rob

You make a couple a good points there. I will do that.

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
SeaBiscuit68 said:
I really wanted to make it down there but my ride fell through.

Ouch-thanks for the guilt trip;D I swear, next get together I'm good to go :cool: