• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Tank gas tank installation ??

ZookBronc

Loc.
South Orange County
Ok, so I am about 2/3 of the way through installing BC's rear gas tank and my question is which wires go were. There is a threaded end with two nuts on it and then it also has a male end of a connector as another place for a wire. What goes to what?

COBlu77

Loc.
Arvada, CO
The threaded end with the 2 nuts is for the orange wire that goes to your fuel gauge. The other one should be grounded to the frame.

Before you mount the tank, do yourself a favor and take the sender out connect the wires as stated and check your fuel gauge. My gauge goes to empty when the tank is half full. I've heard this from others that have the BC tank. I don't think the ohm range on the sender match the stock gauge. I bent the float up a little and it helps some, but still not perfect.

OP
OP
ZookBronc

ZookBronc

Loc.
South Orange County
Ok, got it...then there is also another ground looking wire already attached in another location, is that for a ground too?

Could the directions that come with the tank be any worse?

ponch0v

Which tank are you installing? EFI tank? Could be you didn’t get a full set of instructions.

Sure they could be worse, it could come without any instructions at all, as some manufacturers don’t include instructions with their products.

BCB prides itself on sending complete documentation for all of its products. Even the ones that are simple common sense installations.

Please let Chuck know what’s lacking and he'll fix it!

Last edited:

Broncos n' VWs

ZookBronc said:
Ok, got it...then there is also another ground looking wire already attached in another location, is that for a ground too?

Could the directions that come with the tank be any worse?

I had no problem understanding the instructions. Did you get the EFI tank (in-tank pump)?
If you are having problems with the install, at least you're looking in the right place (classicbroncos.com) for answers. Also, pictures are worth a thousand words. Post a pic or two and it might help.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I simply followed the instructions and had no problems.
They were thorough.
It's not rocket science.

OP
OP
ZookBronc

ZookBronc

Loc.
South Orange County
z70what said:
that's not what i like to hear... i'm about to order my tank...from BC as well

Luke

Luke, Dont get me wrong it seems to be a great tank, obviosly i havnt used it yet and i too have heard good things about it.

I do think the instructions need a little help though. Again, my opionion only.
The part of the instuctions that needs help is the wiring of the new tank. The installation is fine, its the wiring hook up. No, its not the EFI tank.

ponch0v

ZookBronc said:
Luke, Dont get me wrong it seems to be a great tank, obviosly i havnt used it yet and i too have heard good things about it.

I do think the instructions need a little help though. Again, my opionion only.
The part of the instuctions that needs help is the wiring of the new tank. The installation is fine, its the wiring hook up. No, its not the EFI tank.

Again, give Chuck a call tomorrow and give him feedback. This is one way he makes his products better.;D

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I didn't get any instructions with mine. I was just gonna use the tech article.