• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Axle, New Problems

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I swapped in my new BB 9" w/ARB & BC Disc kit today. Got everything hooked up but the e-brake. I ran out of time and plan on doing that this week. Problems I have are:

#1 - I am now running disc/disc and the MC isn't giving me any pressure what so ever, it will build up for a second, but take your foot off and it goes to the floor. I am assuming I need to go to hydro or power, I just don't know which. Give me some insight into both please and which is more economical.

#2 - When I was testing the new set up out, I got vibration. I checked everything, made sure all was tight and it is, but still have vibration. Do new gears do that until they are broken in? I have never dealt with them, so I don't know about them. What else could be ratteling around?

As far as the brake set up, I have an EFI setup & 73 PS if that makes a difference. I am also kind of under the gun because this is my only ride and the wife said I could take her to work a couple of days to use hers, but I need to get it done ASAP, so that kind of leaves junkyard pickin' out. So help me out here fellas...Thanks

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
#1 sounds like you need a new MC get the brakes working before thinking about either power setup
#2 hard to say about vibrations could be a lot of things check your pinion angle your new axle could be off. Then check your d shaft and ujoints for wear and dents. also check your yokes on the t case and axle sometimes if they are loose they could vibrate could be a few other things but I seriously doubt its the new gears themselves if it is then they are probably bad.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
It sounds like your brakes aren't fully bled.

#2 - Like mentioned, look at the angle of the driveshaft and how it complements the angle of the pinion. It should be in a pretty straight line when you look at it from the side.

Make sure that the axle is FULL of oil. Don't forget to change it out after a few miles, and again a couple hundred later

Recko555

I would get brakes working properly before switching to power or hydro. You should have stopping power with just a master cylinder with 4 wheel disc brakes. Make sure all your brake lines are tight and wheel cylinders are good (had a friend buy new wheel cylinders and they were still leaking, long story). Make sure the brakes are bled properly.