• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Just installed new wiper motors - is this all I get?!

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
New wiper motors arms and blades from Tom's installed tonight. Not sure if I have them installed wrong but the amount of windshield they wipe is looking pretty sad. 110 degrees is less than I expected.

I installed the arms so they would park at the very top of the windshield parallel with the roof. A full stroke wipes to about straight down from where the driver's side wiper motor mounts which leaves about 2 square feet of unwiped windshield on the drivers side. :(

am I doing this right?

thanks,
dan

302fix

I don't think mine park that high but I've never had a problem with the clearing the windshield on the down stroke. I suggest calling Tom's they are really good at helping out.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Recko555 said:
Might have to do the jeep cherokee wiper mod.
Cherokee mod is just the arm and blade - won't improve the arc length. But you can add length to the blade.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I have the factory wipers and made them park against the rubber at the top and did not wipe far enough. I moved them down one spline down and they do alot better. They are off the rubber just a little, but not in your sight. The drivers side is behind the mirror. The cherokee with 13" blades does make it cover more and well worth the time to do.