• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Walker Evans Racing Wheels

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
Business has been good and I'm going to treat myself after the new year to a set of Walker Evans Racing beadlock wheels, 17" diameter, 9" width and around 3.5" backspace (they're custom made so b.s. can be custom spec'ed). I'm still unsure on tires, thinking 'bout 305/75/17 MT/R's which are almost the same height as 35's.

I've seen lots of buggies with these wheels, but haven't ever seen a Bronco with them; anyone have a picture?

PBR

Loc.
SoCal
walker's are my favorite wheels but just to spendy for me. i would go with more backspacing if i were you since you are running 17's and don't have to worry about clearance issues. have you seen the walker's powdercoated black, very hot!!!

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
X2...very nice wheels.:eek: I don't have any pics for you, but have you considered the Toyo's over the MTR's? Nothing against the MTR's, I've just been very impressed by the Toyo's on my brother's Toyota and will be going that route in the near future.

MikeEB

Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Also, maybe I'm off a bit, but I think 305's are closer to 33's than 35's. I haven't ran outside with a tape measure (to lazy to find the math conversion) to check, but the 325's I run on my tow rig look smaller than 35's to me also.

To stay on topic, though, I second what PBR said the Walker Evans pc'd in black look damn good.

OP
OP
P

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
PBR said:
...I would go with more backspacing if i were you since you are running 17's and don't have to worry about clearance issues. have you seen the walker's powdercoated black...

I've been going back and forth on the backspacing (isn't this the third most worn-out topic coming after what lift kit is best and can I fit 37's under an uncut rig...). If I go with more backspace, that is moving the wheel rim closer inboard, right? I don't do any hardcore wheeling with this truck, and I'd like to keep the on-road stability with a slightly wider track (or width) rather than tucking the wheels closer in. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

305/75/17 is the equivalent of a 34" tire, at least according to an online tire size calculator that I found.

I haven't seen the W-E wheels in black...hmmm...maybe black wheels with natural aluminum beadlock rings is just the ticket. If anyone's got a picture of them in black I'd like to see it (even if it isn't on a Bronco).

MikeEB

Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
bigmuddy said:
I run the 315x12.50x16 and they are supposed to be the metric equivalent to 35"s

Ben

Hmm, this add's a whole new wrench to my plans of lifting the DD. Looks like I'm moving to 37's if my 325's are already past the 35's I was planning. Good thing I'm only in the "man that would be cool" phase of considering it %) .

kntr

Bronco Guru
I run 305/70/17s Goodyear MTRs on my orange bronco. They are a 33.8" x 12. The wheels are 17x10 with 4" BS. Check the gallery for more pics.

Bronco9.jpg

Last edited: