• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vss

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Has anyone used a stock Ford, early 90's, VSS to pulse an electronic speedometer? If not, what would be a good one? I visited the site in the other thread but don't see what I need. Also, does anyone know how many revolutions per mile a stock bronco gauge is and what are the revolutions/mph ratio, i.e. 1:1-1:2?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
eb66to77 said:
Has anyone used a stock Ford, early 90's, VSS to pulse an electronic speedometer? If not, what would be a good one? I visited the site in the other thread but don't see what I need. Also, does anyone know how many revolutions per mile a stock bronco gauge is and what are the revolutions/mph ratio, i.e. 1:1-1:2?

Somewhere, on one of the EFI write-ups, it talks about using a stock Ford 80's/90's vss and then drilling out the hole in it to accept the stock Bronco speedo cable...

I have an 88 Mustang vss (there appears to be a very common part number for the vss used accross many models) to signal my Noskog digital speedo, I used the stock drive gear that came with my truck, from what I remember it was a bolt in. I do not remember the signal ratio... Sorry

OP
OP
eb66to77

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Thanks for the info. I know that the vss is a pretty broad fit and I already have one for my sefi conversion. I am contemplating this cause I am going to go individual gauges and have a Harley electronic speedometer that I wouldn't mind using. The new ones are 1:1 I am pretty sure. If not I could just go for an earlier mechanical model.