• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Engine Mount Plates Question?

yakelys69

How do these plates look?
If this is normal cool.
If its not normal, why would someone cut the plates like that?
This does have a 351. Is it ok or not ok?

Thanks

engine_mount.jpg

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I was just inside my engine bay and they do not look normal. I have slots, not a square hole. Looking at your picture, I'm guessing someone opened yours up for some unknown reason... Looking closely, I can see the top of the original hole towards the center (notice the round section).

Jeff

72Sport

Bronco Guru
yakelys69 said:
How do these plates look?
If this is normal cool.
If its not normal, why would someone cut the plates like that?
This does have a 351. Is it ok or not ok?

Thanks

engine_mount.jpg

Looks like the radius in the upper right corner is part of the original slot. Front side was probably cut out because tranny was too long or? so someone cut out the front so they could get the motormount studs in. It probably looks ragged because the engine was hanging on a cherry picker while he worked and chopped out the front of the slot. If it were mine I would weld a piece in the front and grind the slot width back to original.

Last edited: