• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2" - 2-1/2" leaf springs

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
I was thinking of buying leaf springs from JBG. They are: #13251 1966-77 Bronco 5 Pack Leaf Spring Pair for $230. http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-13251_leaf_pack__2-2___1966_-_77.htm

Has anyone used these springs? Who is the manufacturer? Does this mean there are 5 leafs total? How do these compare to 2 inch lift - 10 or 11 leaf springs?

I am buying rear springs because the rear of by EB (currently 3-1/2" lift leaf springs) sits much higher than the front. So I would like the truck to be more level. I don't want to raise the front because the truck is too high already. Too hard to get in and out. I will also be changing from 35" Goodyear MTRs to a 33" "street-able" tire maybe Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor. Not sure yet.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Don't get suckered in by the low price. Truth be told, I wish that the Bronco houses would quit carrying the 'budget' springs. They ride like crap (just like add-a-leafs). Save your money, do it right, and get some good springs from any of the Bronco suppliers.

OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
Thanks Gummi Bear. I think I'm going to go with the 2-1/2" springs from Wildhorses.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
JBG sells the Deaver 11 pack leafs. I think they call them the 'Super Flex' or something like that.

Deavers are some of the best in the business. Shipping from JBG to you should be less than from WH in Cali if money is an issue.

There was a thread about leafs recently, and it went into who sells which springs. It was pretty good.

OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
Gummi Bear said:
JBG sells the Deaver 11 pack leafs. I think they call them the 'Super Flex' or something like that.

Deavers are some of the best in the business. Shipping from JBG to you should be less than from WH in Cali if money is an issue.

There was a thread about leafs recently, and it went into who sells which springs. It was pretty good.

Shipping from JBG would be cheaper, but the only 2-1/2" leaf springs they sell are the 5 leaf packs.

OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
M.T. said:
Want to sell your old springs?

I don't think you would want them. One is a 3-1/2" and the other appears to be a 2" spring with a 1-1/2" block under it. A PO did this, not me. I have no idea how old they are.

twisted_mr

Loc.
Calion, AR
Not to hijack here but, I am looking at leaf springs, too. In the WH version a 3-1/2 is 340. JBG is 275. Anybody have any experience w/ these springs, Are the WH's a better ride? Thanks, Terry