• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body lift and 351W question

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Hi, I'm going to run a 351W with stock manifold and two barrell carb. I was wondering, what lift either a 1" or 2" will give me clearance without having to go with a hood scoop?

tia,

John

70_Steve

Old Guy
I think it depends on which stock manifold. I run a 351 from an Econoline, and I believe the Econoline manifold is a little shorter that most. With a 1" body lift, it fit under the stock hood with a 1" phenolic spacer between the manifold and carb. I also ran a drop base air cleaner from Ford Motorsports. The 1" body lift gave me the clearance for everything else in the swap. I now run a 2" body lift to give me clearance for the NV4500. If I had it to do over, regardless of the NV4500, I'd go right to the 2" body lift.

IPwizard

Loc.
NE Ohio
My ol man run a 351w in his '71 2bbl with a drop air cleaner. No body lift and stock hood, but its pretty close..

flousberg

I put one in with a 1" body lift and cleared fine, then I went to EFI and had to go with a 2". I would just go with 2" right away.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p I run a 351W 4V no body lift and use a 14X2 K&N filter it dose fit.%) %) %) Bill %) :cool: ;D