• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wiper drop bracket problems

mtnkraus

Loc.
Iowa
I put on a drop bracket for my wiper motor on my 70' about 2 years ago. Once in a while it over-centers and flips. If I apply pressure on the y bars it does not over-center. As you guess, holding it while driving is not safe. Grey tape didn't work very long. SO I turn to you for answers.

Bend bracket? is there more then one bracket?

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
When I converted my 69 to wipers with linkage, I made a drop bracket and had to extend my linkage. I guess the earlier wiper spacing is wider than the later. What I'm getting at is that you may be able to shorten or lengthen one of the links as necessary to fix the problem.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
When I converted my 69 to factory electric, mine over centered too. I just slotted the mounting hole about 3/8 of an inch to the left and corrected the problem.