• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Enclosed Broncohauler trailer with living quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Wife and I are moving up to a class A so the trailer is for sale. It’s a custom-built enclosed heavy duty trailer with living quarters. I had it built to haul my EB trail rig, and the details of the build (with tons of pix) are in the following thread in the Tow Rigs & Trailers forum on Pirate4X4: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271944

Features & Spex:
- Built in August/September 2005
- Overall length 31', 28' box length, 10' overall height, 101" overall width
- Cargo space is 18' long, 7.5' high (7' door), 96" interior width, 86" between wheel wells
- All tubular steel construction chassis, sidewalls and roof, with smooth aluminum siding
- (3) 5,000 lb. axles with brakes on all three axles with (7) Goodyear Marathon tires (including spare)
- 4" lift for extra ground clearance on rough access roads
- 2 5/16" heavy duty ball hitch and chains, 7-pin round connector
- Heavy duty ramp door with diamond plate surface and overhead loading lights
- Enclosed bathroom with full size shower, marine toilet and powered roof vent
- Kitchenet with base cabinet and overhead cabinet, sink, 2-burner cooktop and powered range vent
- Refrigerator cabinet with Dometic 3-way fridge, over and under cabinets
- Fold-down sofa and dinette, each converts to beds
- 12V electrical system with battery, overhead lights with wall switch, etc.
- 110V panel and 30-Amp shore cord and pre-wiring for rooftop AC
- 80 gal. fresh water tank with on-demand water pump and all plumbing including exterior faucet and fill inlet
- 40 gal. gray and 40 gal. black waste tanks with RV dump valves
- Locking RV entry door with step and screen door
- 2 non-powered roof vents in main cargo area
- Overhead cabinets in cargo area
- (2) tinted RV windows
- Checkerboard vinyl floor covering
- (4) heavy-duty tie downs; medium and light-duty tie-downs along both sides

Price: $17,500 or best offer.

This is a great trailer for camping and hauling a heavy 4X4. I had it built because I work at an RV manufacturer and I'm familiar with the construction of RV's and toyhaulers, and knew I couldn't trust the flimsy construction of a typical toyhauler for hauling my heavy rig around on bumpy roads without falling apart. This trailer is BUILT, with all tubular steel construction. It was designed as a car hauler first, with living amenities as a secondary function. By contrast toyhaulers are built as a travel trailer first, with a ramp door and cargo space as the secondary design parameter. Those are built to haul quads and motorcycles, not heavy loads like a trail-ready 4X4. I tow this with my '02 PSD. Fully loaded with the rig inside, full tanks, camping gear, firewood, etc. the whole setup (including the pickup) comes in at just under 20K lbs, which is just under the GCWR of the truck.

The living amenities are rather spartan but well built and fully functional. I emphasized ruggedness and cleanability when I designed it, foregoing any fancy details and frilly stuff. So some of your wives might not appreciate it . But they'll like coming back from the beach or the desert and just being able to blow it out with an air hose or leaf blower rather than having to shampoo the carpet. We've used it pretty extensively since we got it but there's very little wear on anything since it was built so ruggedly. Also, Universal Trailers is a great company to work with in case you want to do any mods or repairs.

Below are a couple of photos showing exterior and interior dimensions. See the Pirate thread linked above for tons more pix of it during construction and in use.

side-dims.jpg

interior-dims.jpg

Trailer is located in Cherry Valley, CA or any of a number of upcoming events throughout So Cal (until I sell it). Email me at dtsharp@earthlink.net for more details or to come take a look at it. Thanks for looking.

Dusty

kntr

Bronco Guru
Why a pull trailer and not a 5th wheel? Im curious.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I typically have a load of stuff in the bed of the pickup when I go out. Firewood, camping gear, tools, etc. The tag trailer makes it easier to do that. When I had this one built I considered doing a 5th wheel (actually a gooseneck) but decided against it because the extra cost wasn't worth it to me. I know 5ers/gooses are usually nicer to tow but this one tows fine when properly loaded, even without a weight distributing hitch.

Dusty

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
What about the trailer weight any thing over 10,000 on the bumper requires a class A license? You can get non-commercial endorsements for a fifth wheel or gooseneck up to 15,000.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
What about the trailer weight any thing over 10,000 on the bumper requires a class A license? You can get non-commercial endorsements for a fifth wheel or gooseneck up to 15,000.

I think it comes in close to or under 10K lbs. loaded. Check the thread on Pirate that I linked to. Somewhere in there are the axle weights when I put it on a scale fully loaded.

Dusty

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
No way I could afford something like that right now but, I just wanted to say that thing looks awesome. Camped next to a guy in Disney last week from Longview TX. He had one built by Bloomer and it cost him $65k, course he had a lot of custom touches in the living quarters. The toy space on his wasn't enclosed or flat. Impressive but, the price, outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.