• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2" lift with 35 tires

slingnasty

I have a 74 bronco that I am slowly fixing and learning about. I read some articles on this site regarding the way to determine your suspension lift and mine is 2" according to the stock 7" up front? I dont see any evidence of a body lift but im confused on how 35s would be working? Is there something else I can look for? Thanks.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
these are 33's with no lift, so 35's would fit with a 2.5" lift. it'd be tight though.

Attachments

• IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 116
OP
OP
S

slingnasty

thanks for the pic, that's how mine looks minus the top, i dont have it on there yet. The tire fit is tight and was thinking of replacing the old coil springs and doing a bushing kit w/shocks, etc. The owner before me for some reason stuck in air shocks in the front which are garbage..

kntr

Bronco Guru
Check my gallery. My 1/2 cab had NO lift and I ran 33s for awhile.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
He probably put air shocks on to keep the tires from hitting. If your going to put on new springs I'd consider at least 3.5in lift springs if your going to stay with 35's especailly in the rear.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What do your 35" tires actually measure? That size printed on the side of the tire doesn't actually represent reality with several of the tire manufacturers. My nominal 35" BFG M/T's started out at about 34" and went down from there with tread wear. Obviously, wheel width will have an effect on the mounted and installed diameter as well.

I think the general concensus seems to be that 3.5" suspension lift and a 1-2" body works really well with 35's, but you'll see extremes to both sides to contradict this. The lower the COG the better IMO.

NeverSatisfied

Loc.
Spring, TX
I run a 2.5" suspension lift and no body on the wife's truck w/ 35X12.50's and the stock shock mounts. This limits the flex and with a little inner fender trimming I get no rub even when fully articulated.

OP
OP
S

slingnasty

Ok well I'm going to leave the stock lift size I was just trying to get a handle on what i had. I need a bushing kit bad and was going to order a 4 degree kit and some double shock mounts for the front and possibly rear. I have some Bronco sway and was contemplating on either taking it to a off road shop or tackling it myself. I have read on here that old rear leafs can cause sway also. I am going to start with the 6 new shocks and go from there. I have been told that when I place the hard top I better have some good shocks or ill have serious roll issues. Thanks for all the advice.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
There are no rollover issues because of the hard top. Be very careful with double shocks most setups ride rough make sure they are valved correctly they shouldnt be the same P/N as single shock setups. While old springs can cause sway it may be more due to worn out shocks

OP
OP
S

slingnasty

thanks for the info. So if you were in my situation would you just start off first by doing 4 new shocks . i was thinking the pro-comp 9000 series or is the jamesduff shock a really good option? If i do the 4 shock option what adjustments will i need to make if i want to run dual shocks on the front?