• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lincoln Versallies rear disc brakes

iamreadyto@aol

I have Lincoln rear disc brakes. Anyone ever put them on a 9-inch? What parts are needed and how did you do it? Please help.

67u13

Loc.
austin texas
On mine, since the lincoln had a smaller lug pattern the flange was smaller on lincolns. I am having my flanges turned down to fit into the "hats" on the rotors

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
The Lincoln Versallies comes with a 9 inch. So you are basically swapping to the same type axle are you are removing from except for bolt pattern difference. If the rotor hat is large enough for redrilling and fits over Bronco axles, you have an easy conversion. Otherwise you may have to use different rotors. There are plenty different ones available that should work.

OP
OP
I

iamreadyto@aol

well i was told it was a versalies but he said it was a mark insted which it seem like thats the more common one that people have so does any one know if the jeep rotor works better than one from 78 or 79 ford half ton?
thank for the replies

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
The rotors from 77 to 93 on fwd trucks/broncos are basically the same. 94-96 come is 2 different thicknesses. Jeep are very similar. I believe both require some material to be removed from axle flange. Make sure the rotors you use are same thickness as ones on Lincoln. I think your choices are about 1"(.980)? and 1 1/8".