• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CB's mounted to Roll Cage

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would like to see how some of you have mounted your CB radios to your roll cages...and how you ran your wiring. Curious if you tie-wrapped your wiring to the cage or fought it through the windshield frame...not sure if there is enough room to go through the windshield frame.

Pics would be geat.

Thanks

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Why not run the wires inside the cage?

"....yes honey, that's the last part I need."

How many times have I spoken that lie...

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I suppose if you were to build the roll cage you could accommodate for running wires internally and pull double duty as an airtank, not so with most cages.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I added a couple of center bars and some flat stock to make a spot to hold my CB, speakers and dome lights. I ran the wiring through my cage, but probably would not do it again. You run the risk of weakening the cage with the holes you have to drill, and if you have a short or something it's a major PITA to track down or replace wiring.

If you decide to run it through the windshield just keep in mind that at some point you'll probably want to fold the windshield down, either for fun or to work on something.

http://classicbroncos.com/rolcage2.shtml

cage12.jpg
cage3.jpg