• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

stuck wiper switch

slingnasty

I am working on hooking up my wipers and my wiper switch appears to be stuck. i can pull it out but not rotate it to the left or right without twisting the entire switch. i have tried tightening the switch as with a set of snap ring pliers and twisting that bezel clockwise. Sould the switch be that difficult to turn and is it even made to turn? i think i have rung out the knob alan nut but that isnt too much of an issue. Any tips? Thanks.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
the hole in the dash isn't a round hole it has a flat in it to lock the switch in place. the bezel nut & colar just hold it tight to the dash.
you also need to step up and get the right tool for the job. the NT bezel nut tools are available at many of the fine bronco vendors that support this site. more info on my web site.
you should be able to pull the switch out once the nut is off.
here's a couple pics for you. one is part of a custom dash i just finished for a current build.

btw: welcome to the site!

Attachments

• DSC03360.JPG
    DSC03360.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03301.JPG
    DSC03301.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
S

slingnasty

well the threads near the end of the nut seem a lill ate up so i am going to prob need a tool like that. im just curious why the switch would be so siezed up? i shot it with some PBB last nite so maybe that will help. thanks for the pic helps to understand the dash holes a lot better.