• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bend Radiator Mounts?

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
I got this radiator from BC Broncos: http://bcbroncos.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=132_43&products_id=43

It's supposed to fit the stock mounts but I'll be damned! Do I need new mounts or should I tweak the stock ones to clearance? The stock mounts are not wide enough. I don't want the top mounts to look like Sh%* when I'm done. If new mounts, which ones? I'm thinking the 4-core mounts would be too wide. WTF am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Bob

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Do you have the new urethane inserts?
THey are VERY tight....I had to use a ratchet strap to pull the one down tight enough to get a bolt started if I recall correctly.
Good luck Bob.
Let me know if you need a hand.
Chris

OP
OP
Orange Crush

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
Do you have the new urethane inserts?

No, I was going to reuse the bushings that were in there because they are in good shape. Thanks Chris, I may take you up on your offer if I don't get it figured out. I'll probably call and talk to Chuck or Jason tomorrow and see what they suggest.

OP
OP
Orange Crush

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
Chuck got me squared away (I think anyway?). He pulled some mounts off of the shelf and took some measurements which I compared to mine. Come to find out, I've got one lower mount that has a 1/4" narrower opening than stock. Since it is a lower mount, I am going to try bending it first and if not satisfied with the fit I will order new mounts from Chuck, prolly a few t-shirts too ;D