• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How can I convert a half cab inro a standard bronco?

Emily.Davis4

I want a standard classic bronco and my boyfriend wants a half cab. We want to compromise but also want to know what would we need to do if we bought a half cab to convert it also to be a standard that would seat more than 2 people. I know I'm probably being silly asking on here but my boyfriend wanted to make sure it could be done with no problems before we bought one. Also I'm assuming again a normal bronco top will also fit the frame of a hlf cab.. thanks for your help and patience with a beginner bronco lover..

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
You will have to drill holes in the bed for the full top, but other than that it will fit fine. Half cabs come with a bench seat which will hold 3. Most full cabs came with bucket seats in front and the rear seat was optional. I am going the other way, I am converting my 76 Wagon into a 1/2 cab..

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
You just put a wagon top on it, you can either leave the bulkhead in or take it out. Some wagons came with a bulkhead in them too. Its all bolt together stuff, only holes needed would be if you go from a wagon to a halfcab and that is so you can bolt the bulkhead in but not much of a big deal. My 72 was originally a wagon but has a modified halfcab top on it. I love em both.

And FYI it is much harder to find a halfcab than a wagon. I'd buy a halfcab and get a wagon top from someone, they are cheap.