• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BCB bracket and sanden question

A&Mbronco

Loc.
Houston,TX
I just recieved my sanden the other day and tried to put it on my BC multisteer bracket thats supposed to allow the use of a sanden compressor, but it doesnt fit! The back of the compressor hits the head and the intake manifold. Does anyone have this setup and have some suggestions? I'm gonna call chuck in the morning and see what he says but anyways here are some pics of what I'm talking about.

Thanks
Garrett

Attachments

• PICT0575.jpg
    PICT0575.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 35
  • PICT0579.jpg
    PICT0579.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 43
  • PICT0580.jpg
    PICT0580.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
A&Mbronco

A&Mbronco

Loc.
Houston,TX
Well after looking at it for awhile longer and grinding some only to notice there's no way I could grind enough off. I checked the sanded website and it seems the this particular 508 (out of a cherokee) has a longer than normal back cover. So does anyone know of a reason why I couldn't just change out that rear cover?

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
I got the same sanden off of a cherokee and of course had the same problem. Chuck sells a sanden that will fit. I am also very interested in finding out if the back cover can be swapped out with a shorter cover.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The heads can be changed on most of the 508s. There is several different heads mostly different hose connections. Look at the one on my site for an example.
I got the same sanden off of a cherokee and of course had the same problem. Chuck sells a sanden that will fit. I am also very interested in finding out if the back cover can be swapped out with a shorter cover.