• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trying to mount power steering bracket

BYUBRONC

Loc.
Bermuda Dunes, CA
O.K. Here's my delima. On the drivers side head, where the power steering pump should bolt up, the hole is 5/8th. On the passengers side, where the alternator bolts up, there appears to be an adapter for the 7/16 inch bolt to screw in. The problem is that there is no way of putting a 5/8th inch bolt through the mounting hardware. Has anyone heard of this. I've tried everyone of those give me your make and model, so that I can put it my computer, because I've never touched a wrench in my life, stores with no help.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You need a adapter for the drivers side head try the hardware store(home depot, Lowes, Ace ect.) they usually have the 5/8- 7/16's adapters thats where I got mine.

OP
OP
B

BYUBRONC

Loc.
Bermuda Dunes, CA
You need a adapter for the drivers side head try the hardware store(home depot, Lowes, Ace ect.) they usually have the 5/8- 7/16's adapters thats where I got mine.

Used your PM and ordered one from summit. 4 bucks, 12 bucks shipping. Was forced to buy bar wrapz for the new crab cage. 50 bucks, still 12 bucks shipping. Probably spent 15 in gas and way more time than I had. Couldn't move foward with out it. Thanks a ton for the info.