View Full Version : U joints too big?

hillbilly delux
04/06/07, 08:22 AM
Anyone ever have the problem of the u-joints being too long, lock rings not fitting all the way? If you have the right ones do you have a part number? I have an original spicer shaft. Thanks

JiM

bigbigtom
04/06/07, 08:29 AM
some times the ears on the yoke of the shaft can be slightly bent this can happen from a trail brake or someone trying to beat the u-joint in with a big hammer, anyway, make sure its the right u-joint, but if the ears are bent there's nothing you can do but buy a replacement

sprdv1
04/06/07, 08:30 AM
I did get U-Joints at O'Reillys and they had them in Stock. Not sure if it fits the Spicer Shaft though.

hillbilly delux
04/06/07, 08:31 AM
West Point is on HWY 45 about 8 miles north from the 82-45 junction.

I would buy the ears bent thing but it is in all three positions of the shaft. I dont think i'm that unlucky to have bent all the ears? Thanks for the suggestion.

JiM

hillbilly delux
04/06/07, 08:47 AM
I had to drop it off at a shop. Lost a u joint on the way to work. The mechanic had a problem finding the right size also. He replaced all three for me for 71 bucks............Money well spent. I would have let him replaced em in the first place, if i had known that it would be that cheap.

JiM

TJK74
04/06/07, 11:54 AM
I had to drop it off at a shop. Lost a u joint on the way to work. The mechanic had a problem finding the right size also. He replaced all three for me for 71 bucks............Money well spent. I would have let him replaced em in the first place, if i had known that it would be that cheap.

JiM

I highly agree some things are worth the money over the time and aggravation spent to do it yourself. ;D ;D ;D