Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Garage

SnakeBite
Bronco Guru
Contributor

Garage
Vehicle Name SnakeBite
Year 1972
Make Ford
Model Bronco
Color Mossy Oak Camo Skin
Style (U13, U14, U15) Well now it's a Half Cab
1972 Ford Bronco
Brief Description (optional) 3M Camo Clad Mossy Oak Skin .on body . TOP BUMPERS ROCKERS Grill Fender Flares inside bed & the raised inset of the Hood are all done with Gator Guard bed liner. My 16'' wheels were white spoke but I sand blasted them an put Plastic Coat spray on bed liner on them.
Engine & Drivetrain
1972 Ford Bronco Engine & Drivetrain
Motor is a 4BT Cummins 1989 .. It's stock with a turbo. Pump was turned up when I got it. It runs cool enough that I do not have a motor fan attached to it. I do run a PT Cruiser rad cooling fan. It fit my Champion Aluminum perfectly.
NP435 trans with the stock Dana 20 T/C with J&B Twin Sticks . 3:55 positive tracks in rear. I own the P/Trac for the front but have never got around to installing in. I have the Chevy Disk brake conversion.

Suspension
... Rancho 3.5'' lift front coils. and I just run 2 inch blocks on my rear to level it out .
I used a 1980 ScoutII steering box. If I had it to do again I'd just try an use the Stock Bronco Box. After PSC rebuilt mine it's 3.25 too 1. Tilt wheel set up is from 1979 Bronco . If I had it to do again I use a paintable IDIDIT.

Wheels & Tires
16'' Wagon Spokes with Mud Kings 285R16

Exterior
1972 Ford Bronco Exterior
3M Camo Clad plastic Skin it came in 4x5ft sheets about 8 sheets back in the day cost 500.00 It had a 5 year warranty an has been on starting 8 years now.
.. My little dog name id Taco. He likes to ride in the Bronco but he kept crawling out the window So I put a sheet of flat plate bolted to the Outside mirror and screwed to the door . He can now crawl out on the Sonic Tray Plate and ride everywhere. To catch him when he falls off I put a small dog chain bolted to the top of cab door frame area. It catches him . He looks up with big sad EYE saying Beam Me UP DADDY.

Interior
1972 Ford Bronco Interior
Most everything inside was sprayed black satin. Floor was bed linered .. Then sprayed with undercoating . Then that foil backed insulation laid on top of all this. Even up under the dash and up the back of the bulk head to the half cab. That was glued in place with 3M 08083 SPRAY GLUE. Then Black carpet just from a carpet house . It's not quite because of the diesel but the dust does not come inside my cab.
...My seats are 1987 BroncoII Black leather with Mossy Oak cloth in the centers. Door panels also have the same cloth on them.
... Also I sprayed the undercoating inside my doors.
... Magnets all over the inside to hold all the extra items I like to have with myself.

Other Notes
1972 Ford Bronco Other Notes
Speakers in the top front corners of my cab I BUILT A gun rack that goes around the wiper motor it has a lip to keep gun in place and 4 inch speakers in each corner. Cheap radio works great. Head ake rack it hold 5 big KC Over head lamps. It also hold 2 PM 408-12V Utility lamps for back up or working out of the bed. The back corners of my cab I placed Tool caddies to hold tool for road trip or farm work . These are held in place mostly with ''EARTH MAGNETS'' Nothing rattles. 12V Deer feeder In back of bed. And a FLOW THRU TAIL GATE Satin Black also . I have no ideal what it was supposed to fix. but it fits perfect.
... I still want AC... 23 GAL Fuel Tank ..a WelderNator ...and maybe on board air...
Views: 12435