Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Garage

Burnie
Bronco Guru
Contributor

Garage
Vehicle Name Burnie
Year 1968
Make Ford
Model Bronco
Color Apple Red
Style (U13, U14, U15) U15
1968 Ford Bronco
1968 Ford Bronco 1968 Ford Bronco 1968 Ford Bronco
Brief Description (optional) This is a build from bare frame to enjoy crawling without fear of damage. The Bronco parts came from a 68 and 77 mostly. It is very capable now and I just recently added a flame wrap to make sure you know it is Burnie.
Engine & Drivetrain
1968 Ford Bronco Engine & Drivetrain
351W converted to propane. Bronco C4 tranny to Dana 20 with Lokar shifter. I am running full hydraulic steering.

Suspension
1968 Ford Bronco Suspension 1968 Ford Bronco Suspension 1968 Ford Bronco Suspension
Homemade 4 link front and rear. No calculators, just placed the axles where I wanted them and imitated what I liked on "Hammer" buggies. Radflo coil overs on all four corners. Dana 60 up front and Sterling 10.25 in the rear. 5.38 gearing with Detroits. As 2104 I have added the Atlas 4speed. I am also now sporting an Artec truss up front.

Wheels & Tires
1968 Ford Bronco Wheels & Tires
Basic black wheels with DIY beadlocks that sport one of a kind Bronco design. The tires are 42" IROKs.

Exterior
1968 Ford Bronco Exterior 1968 Ford Bronco Exterior 1968 Ford Bronco Exterior
The front clip is from a burned up 1968 which is where the name "Burnie" was created. The tub and rear quarters were brought back from Texas along with the roadster inserts. The unique safari top is my son's creation. It was shortened by 11 inches and dropped almost 2 inches. This body was never even prepped before it was painted in the local trailer shop paint booth. It is all gonna get damaged anyway.

Interior
1968 Ford Bronco Interior 1968 Ford Bronco Interior
I had to fab some inner wheel wells to allow for the coil overs. Now that it is all together I realize they could have been much smaller. The passenger side of the dash was cut off because it really has no purpose and it allowed for the battery box. Since this picture I have opted to mount the propane vertically to give me more cargo space.

Other Notes
1968 Ford Bronco Other Notes 1968 Ford Bronco Other Notes
I have never fabbed anything like this before and had done very little welding. It turned out great, crawls great and is simply fun!
Views: 4995