• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Place to Buy Tires? which tire to get? BFG MT, M.T. Baja, other suggestions?

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I am looking to buy some tires for my '76. I was just wanting to get everybody's opinion about where to buy tires?

I currently have a set of 315-75-16 BFG M/T that were given to me (they were pretty slick but held air.....thats more than I can say for the tires that came on the truck!)

I like those tires but am also open to suggestions as to what tire to run.

3-1/2" lift, 302 ci, 3 on tree, and I believe 3.50 gear ratio....I know several folks will say that the gear isn't low enough but i'm fine with it so far. been runnin this combo for a few months since I got the truck road worthy.

Truck is street driven and some off road. Nothing too extreme. Off road conditions are usually just dirt, hills, mud, and wooded areas. Not too many rock crawling places here in south AL.

suggestion on places to buy, name brand to get, any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
Hopefully the 4 Wheel Parts discount is on the mounting too.

Ordered tires online from them, then went to local store to pick them up and have them put on my wheels (off the Bronco). It was over $100, which seemed a little high...or a lot.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I haven't had the best of luck with 4WD Parts mounting tires, and when you need service there may not be one arround. You would think that if anybody could mout a large tire and get it balanced they could. Nope. After three trip way out of my way to get tire right I took it arround the corner to discount. They got it right and didn't charge me because I usually buy all my tires there.

Discount tries are everytwhere and they will beat ANY deal you can document. I saved almost $75/tire on BFG ATs because I found them on sale on an internet site. Forwarded the link to discount tires and the NEXT morning they called me and told me they had two instock at tne closet store to me and would have the other two the next day if I wanted them.

After taxes I saved over $300 and there are discount tires everywhere if I have problems.

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
4 Wheel is the only I know of that offers the tire replacement for destroying a tire offroad. That would be about the only thing I would get from them. And AL has plenty of wheeling. Morris Mountain I think would be closest to you. Granted all a few hours away, but worth the trip.

Other than that, BFGs I have always liked for a street rig. Seem to wear like stone on my stuff.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Ok guys I will check out 4 wheel parts.....sounds like they have a good rep.

The other day I saw a link in a thread of a place that some folks were talkin about buyin tires from.....I looked on here for 30min-1 hr a little bit ago and couldn't find the link.

The folks that were talkin about this site said that this site had the LOWEST prices anywhere. I just can't remember the site

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
4 Wheel is the only I know of that offers the tire replacement for destroying a tire offroad. That would be about the only thing I would get from them. And AL has plenty of wheeling. Morris Mountain I think would be closest to you. Granted all a few hours away, but worth the trip.

Other than that, BFGs I have always liked for a street rig. Seem to wear like stone on my stuff.

Morris Mountain is prob one of the closest places.....I have heard of it, never been, had friends that have been......that place is about 3-4 hrs from me.

I'm located in the southeast corner of the state. If you go about 10-12 miles south of Dothan you are in Florida........if you go about 25 miles east you are in Georgia.

77BroncoWag

Bronco Guru
Discount tire
they match prices too
infact they beat the lowest local offer by over $300

bptommy

Loc.
Arlington, TX
x2 on discount tire , I havent been impressed with 4-wheel parts for tires.. I love my local discount tire great service and if your not happy they will make it right.

Jakedog

4 Day tire, or American Tire have given me the best prices on my BFG's so far.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
What tire would ya'll recommend?

BFG M/T
Mickey Thompson Baja Claw
Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrian
Mickey Thompson MTZ Traditional Radial

which one is best?
any other suggestions?

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
This is the first time I have had a 4X4 and not exactly sure which tire to get.

I want a tire that is not going to have a lot of road noise or humming........ which I know is notorius with big tires.......

So far the BFG MT that I have on there now (which are just about worn out) are not loud at all which suprises me.

techlaf

Contributor
An All Terrain and a Mud Terrain had a baby and it was good. They called it the Goodyear Duratrac -

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 117

chuckinphx

Loc.
phx
just got my 35 12.5 15 bfg mud km2 s from 4wd.com they shipped them to 4 wheel parts for free 4 tires for 800 and some change.. .. but i did wait a month bfg was backordered.. that size..

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I am going with the BFG KM2 in a 35x12.5 15. I had used MT Baja Claw in the past and the were great.

Henry