• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Ruffstuff 9" Truss!

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
By now you have all seen our truss design for our housings. It gets superior strength through using the crown shape.

9%20inch%20back%20truss.jpg

But now how about the same strength and shape for a factory 9" housing?

9%20inch%20truss%20factory%203%20sm.jpg
9%20inch%20truss%20factory%202.jpg

This is the rear truss, the top truss will have integral links and should be ready within a couple of weeks. The truss is long enough to end at the brake brackets so you do not have any weak points. The IFS Toyota should be done by the end of next week also!

NateMob

Whats the price point looking at for these, would you use both or one or the other?

Thanks,
Nate

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
Whats the price point looking at for these, would you use both or one or the other?

Thanks,
Nate
Depending on your use (and abuse) you may only want one. The rear is for rigidity and stiffness stand alone, when you add the top truss you really lock it down for everything you can throw at it. The top truss will still be a couple of weeks.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
is it one piece design?
could it be cut in half through the slits for compact shipping?

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I'm loving it, and will be getting one of these when it's time to build the street rig. Do you have a top truss that has flat spots for leaf spring perches?

It seems that every truss is designed for the linked people, it doesn't seem like a stretch to design a truss that has ample area to mount links and mount leaf spring perches, without disturbing either option.

Once again Ruff Stuff is where it is at! Congrats on getting into the WH catalog.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
We are making a special Ubolt to use these with leaf springs...The die is all we are waiting for.

Thanks about WH, they have our battery boxes also.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
We are making a special Ubolt to use these with leaf springs...The die is all we are waiting for.

Thanks about WH, they have our battery boxes also.

Music to my ears! I'll really be looking for this!

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Awesome - please attach a pic or two of that when you get it ready. I want to truss the 9" in my street truck.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
I'm sorry but my ubolt shop hasn't got the die yet so no pics...

We were also going to the swapmeet in Stockton but the rain report says it will be dumping rain so it was cancelled.