• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI RUNNING, with issues, Got ?'s

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
I got my efi finshed up today:cool: . And it runs;D ...351W ,truck lower,BC adapter,car upper. RJM harness..I ran out of time and couldnt set the timing at 10 deg. It runs alittle rough i hope timing fixes that..my alternator isn't charging, I hooked the ALT. wire on the RJM harness to the Green/Purple(hot in run) wire on the alt. is this right?? Here is the ALT diagram http://www.bcbroncos.com/2g alt with watermark.pdf

Also it wouldn't fire the plugs with the ignition key.. I had to use a remote button, I know that is a no no. I've had a little trouble with the key switch in the past, had to move the key alittle to make the gauges work..not all the time just once or twice. Ran fine with the carb. Does this sound like i need a new key switch ? or is there something else i'm missing?? Thanks guys , I could never have gotten this far without CB.com

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
If the ignition switch isn't working the alternator won't work either.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
If you are using a 2g alternator and the "A" terminal is connected to the battery and the "S" terminal is connected to the stator terminal along with the "I" terminal to the ignition, then yes.

OP
OP
bronco-billy-66

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
If you are using a 2g alternator and the "A" terminal is connected to the battery and the "S" terminal is connected to the stator terminal along with the "I" terminal to the ignition, then yes.

Thats the way I have it.. Well the "A" terminal is on the + side of the starter selonoid,same thing right? I guess I'll see if The Zone has an ignition switch in stock. There website says 11.99, worth a try I guess. Any tricks to putting one of those in? Thanks viperwolf. I see your name on here allot. you're very knowledgeable.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Same thing. Check the tech articles for ignition switch replacement.