• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vin and numbers question on my new 1976

pbets756

Well, I joined this site a year ago or so after I was dealing on a 1976 Bronco. At that time the deal didn't go through. The owners are in their 80s and the wife refused to sell it to me. I should note that I tried to buy it back around 1985 but failed. Well out of the blue I called them again yesterday and made an offer. The wife still didn't want to sell it but the husband said he was going to anyway. They are going to be moving to town from the country and he doesn't want to deal with it anymore. I picked it up today and am pleased after seeing it out of the old shed its been in for almost 30 years. It was so covered with dirt. It only has 52396 original miles on it. It does have the typical Midwest rust but not bad at all. The rear quarters are bubbling but the front fenders and door posts are solid as can be as is the tailgate and floors. I consider it to be very solid and was expecting worse after doing much reading here. Its and auto trans with the 302 V8. It has the disc brakes and power steering. It says Sport on it so was a little disappointed because I thought it was a Ranger or Explorer package but o well. Green with a white top and white bucket that are excellent but so filthy from the barn life the last 30 years. I cant wait to start on it.
I was wondering if I could get some insight on the numbers from you folks. The vin # is U15GLA54123 then there are numbers on the glove box door that say 092 B U152 SVGA3J and the line below reads 04900 1976 54. Can you all tell me what they all mean? Thanks so much and sorry for the long post.
Paul

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1976 Model Year

VIN Sequence - A54123 - October 1975

092 - Wheel Base

B - Dark Jade Metallic

U152 - Wagon - Heavy Duty Package

SV -

G - Automatic Trans

A3J - 4.11 Gear Ratio with Power Steering

4900 - GVW

1976 - Year

54 - DSO - Omaha

Info from - www.broncohio.com

Give it a shot.

Can also get a Marti Report as well to see all the options your Bronco has from the factory.

Seems like a VERY nice truck!

Last edited:

blamejane

Bronco Guru
re-welcome and congrats on the new bronco. It's great that you were able to purchase the same bronco from your attempt in 1985. I mean, right there you've already 30 years of history with this bronco.

Looking forward to some pics!

OP
OP
P

pbets756

I will be paying the membership shortly! This is awesome. thanks Paul

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Cool story and good for you for not giving up. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your 76. My favorite year.;D

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
1976 Model Year

VIN Sequence - A54123 - October 1975

092 - Wheel Base

B - Dark Jade Metallic

U152 - Wagon - Heavy Duty Package

SV -

G - Automatic Trans

A3J - 4.11 Gear Ratio with Power Steering

4900 - GVW

1976 - Year

54 - DSO - Omaha

Info from - www.broncohio.com

Give it a shot.

Can also get a Marti Report as well to see all the options your Bronco has from the factory.

Seems like a VERY nice truck!

SV is standard parchment vinyl seats (not ranger model)

A3 is also limited slip rear