• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me some seat pics

sk1nw4lk3r

2014 Mustang GT seats.

Welded to Corbeau seat brackets, bolted to the floor. Heating elements hooked up, manual slide and manual recline.

Looks amazing, seats comfortably.

NlaIP7X.jpg

Ha0Hcyx.jpg

GEbOi06.jpg

wsager

2014 Mustang GT seats.

Welded to Corbeau seat brackets, bolted to the floor. Heating elements hooked up, manual slide and manual recline.

These look very comfortable and perfect fit. Are the brackets the $100 each ones? How is access to the back?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
my 76 had some Integra seats in them that work well but don't recall the darn year...

sk1nw4lk3r

These look very comfortable and perfect fit. Are the brackets the $100 each ones? How is access to the back?

Yes sir. Access to the back is easy- Mustang seats fold forward for access to the back seat, and the slide on the Corbeau brackets is a pretty long range of travel. Slide it forward some, tilt the seat forward, climb in.

Or, since the top is rarely on, climb over the quarter panel lol.

sk1nw4lk3r

2X on what wsager asked. Did you happen to measure the seat bottom height before and after? I was wanting to use GT seats as well.

So, the brackets from the Mustang were tall, but you can easily cut the majority of it off, to weld the corbeau bracket directly to the seat bottom.

Stock Farm

These are from a BMW 135i; powered, heated...
The rear seat I had to modify the farme to fit - still working on it and I think it will work.
Big challenge is to get the heat to work, BMW uses a k-bus to communicate seat options from the switch....this I may not be able to duplicate, we'll see.

Very comfortable and sit pretty low.

Sonny V

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 131

Stock Farm

The rear seat frame, ready for the original upholstery...will update once it's complete; again this is from a BMW 135i.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 66

BigB

2014 Mustang GT seats.

How hard would it have been to not use the brackets?

Is there a reason you didn't hook up the electric function for slide etc?

Thanks.

Last edited:

sk1nw4lk3r

2014 Mustang GT seats.

How hard would it have been to not use the brackets?

Is there a reason you didn't hook up the electric function for slide etc?

Thanks.

Wouldn't have been hard, ultimately, aside from needing to manufacture something to mount it to the stock seat locations.

The electric functionality took up a lot of space underneath the seat, raised the height of it tremendously, I would have been sitting and looking at the top of the windshield frame (it doesn't help my cause that I am 6'4", so I need all the headroom I can get)

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
2005 Mustang V6 seats in mine, I think they were $30 or 40 each at a local yard. Bolted the sliders right to the body after removing the stock bracketry. Had them reupholstered in a nice vinyl

Attachments

• 0214161601a.jpg
    0214161601a.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 457
  • 20171104_125418.jpg
    20171104_125418.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 469

sk1nw4lk3r

2005 Mustang V6 seats in mine, I think they were $30 or 40 each at a local yard. Bolted the sliders right to the body after removing the stock bracketry. Had them reupholstered in a nice vinyl

This is a good option, because you found manual sliding Mustang seats. I had to go with the Corbeau sliders for mine because I found Power seats.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Just an FYI, the fox body Mustang seats are manual sliders on both sides, too. The only electrical is the lumbar support - hooked up on drivers side, but not on passenger side (yet).

wsager

I like that upholstery job. What did you use on the plastic parts? Any idea on how that will hold up?

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
This is a good option, because you found manual sliding Mustang seats. I had to go with the Corbeau sliders for mine because I found Power seats.
Ya we also had the headrests cut down about 2" to match the fold n tumble head rests. They don't sit as tall now which is nice.
I like that upholstery job. What did you use on the plastic parts? Any idea on how that will hold up?
Hand washed all the plastic parts and then used Duplicolor interior plastic paint from OReilly. Came out great and should hold up well