• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rampage top replacement fabric only

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Back to the top...

Not familiar with it myself, but I would imagine it fits where it's supposed to. Might depend on who's making them of course. If they're somehow sourcing them from the manufacturer, then they should be perfect.
Traditionally Rampage and all the others never sold the replacement tops at all (for Broncos) without just buying the whole thing with hardware. Maybe they've relented?
I can't even find reference to the Bronco tops on their site right now, so can't confirm.
Probably a quick call to Jeff's will let you know if they have it made special, or if the Diamond material was available from Rampage.

Either way though, make sure that dude is nicely warmed up before you go trying to install it!

Good luck

paul

looking4eb

Loc.
Atlanta
This is the last post I can find regarding replacement fabric for the Rampage soft tops, and the link is no longer working. I checked all the usual vendors and don't see any advertising the replacement fabric. Anyone know an option to get it these days?

Thanks!!

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the BGY replacement top . They told me they have rampage build it with heavy duty zippers and thicker fabric for them . I can tell the difference in the fabric but not the zippers ? My old rampage top came apart at all the seams and where the zippers were sown in the black tread turned white and rotted .I think they might not have used outdoor thread by mistake some classic bronco members got replacement tops but not me they did not respond to any of my requests

Trigger

I am lucky to live 15 mins from Tom’s and stopped in to ask about just a top as I had the hardware and they happened to have one. They had to replace some missing hardware on a previous order. I got lucky but it may be worth asking some vendors if they happen to have just a top laying around.

looking4eb

Loc.
Atlanta
Thanks for the input guys! I will call around. My Rampage fabric has held up pretty good for around 5 years, but it is the seam stitching that has completely disintegrated.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
The vendors should jump on this. There are a lot of old Kayline and STC tops out there with good frames and bad fabric. The Rampage top should fit these old frames.

looking4eb

Loc.
Atlanta
I just called around to all the vendors as well as Rampage and no one sells this anymore. Seems like Rampage stopped offering it a few years back so no vendor can get it this way, and any extras they had lying around got scooped up by folks luckier then me already! Unless anyone has other suggestions I may take mine in to an upholstery shop and see what it would cost to redo all the seams with a sturdier thread since that seems to be the main issue.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If anyone has an old rampage softtop that's ragged out, I could sure use it and the plastic hardware that's sewn onto it for a pattern. I'm slowing working toward a hybrid top if anyone wants to pitch in?? I'd pay shipping and maybe a bit more...depending on condition, of course.

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Could you make me a replacement top if I donate the old top for you to keep and make patterns? I could tell you where corrections needed to be made and send photos. LMK

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Could you make me a replacement top if I donate the old top for you to keep and make patterns? I could tell you where corrections needed to be made and send photos. LMK

I’m not claiming to be an upholstery expert. You wouldn’t like what I can do. I’ve never tried anything with upholstery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk