• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Spring

Rickb1b

Is this spring in the picture a stock spring. It's got 4 thin springs, one really thick spring, and the thick short bottom spring.

My ride is very harsh, so I'm looking at what I have and where to go.

Thanks

Attachments

• Spring.jpg
    Spring.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 72

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yea someone added that black leaf and I would remove it....those U-Bolts need there thread back!!

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
Looks like an add a leaf setup and and overload spring.
Not ghetto fab. Just what the guy had in his pocket book when he "lifted it". Probably towed something with it.

Your ride is probably hard because of two things.

1. The add a leaf is thick and ridged to give the stock springs a bigger arch to lift it.
2. Its a bronco, 5000 lbs old iron.

I bet it would ride nice when its loaded up with gear.

OP
OP
R

Rickb1b

Thanks guys. I'll remove them and see how it goes. The PO probably loaded it up, kind looks like it was used as a "hunting truck".

Right now it sits kind of un level. Driver side lower than passengers side, leans left. Do you all think these springs are causing this, or my bushings. I know had to tell, but best guess is ok.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Body bushings could be bad on that side and or you C-bushing on your radius arm?