• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1973 Bronco; what's it worth?

TomG

Hi everyone, i have a 1973 bronco that has been sitting in my parents yard for about the past 10+ years. It was running when it was parked but had a ticking in the engine. My father, who was a Master Mechanic for Mack Trucks, said he thought it could be a push rod, but he wasn't sure. The idea was to some day come back to it and fix it up and get it running. Well that never happened and now i want to get rid of it. I don't know to much about this truck other than what you can see in the pics. I believe is has a 351 in it, but it doesn't appear to be the original engine. It also appears to have been blue at one time. It's been cut and lifted and has Rancho suspenion on it. That's pretty much all i know. I also don't have the title to it. I am just trying to get an idea of what it's worth. thanks for the help guys! :)

-PS: as you can see in the pics, it' pretty rotted; Floors, door jambs, it basically needs a new body.

PICS:http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb466/VDRmaster/

~Tom

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Tom,

Where are you located? Looks like typical rust for the vintage but I have seen worst bodies brought back. Location will play a big part in its value, and to increase the value, running is always better. If I buy a parts rig and it does not run and drive, I consider everything on it as a core and offer accordingly.

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
Has a lot of rust. I see someone put new coils on it. In that condition, around Chicago, $1500-$2500. In other places less or more depending on availability.

OP
OP
T

TomG

Hi guys, I was thinking about getting it running before I sell it. I was going to pull the valve covers off and see about fixing that push rod. It is located in Rhode Island. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I'm not really a bronco guy, but I am a Ford guy. I have droptop stang.

~Tom.

OP
OP
T

TomG

Thanks

Thanks for all the input. I have a guy coming to look to look at it this weekend for $1,500.

~tom

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good luck Tom! Someone will take it off your hands, I feel sure.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
easily $1500 in parts with power steering, C4 tranny, and D44 I've seen worse go for more. I'd really get it running and up the price by about $500 overall it appears to have some good parts still even with the rust that it does have.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
easily $1500 in parts with power steering, C4 tranny, and D44 I've seen worse go for more. I'd really get it running and up the price by about $500 overall it appears to have some good parts still even with the rust that it does have.

x2 dont sell yourself short!