• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front floor support

brad smith

Loc.
tupelo ,ms
I don't really know how to post pics on this site. But I need some how to or info on if this is normal. I am replacing the complete floor including new floor supports. The front floor support has a 1 or so gap at the center where the floor welds to the support. Has anyone ever had this problem when replacing entire floor and supports? Thanks in advance
Brad

SavageBurro

There are a lot of floor pan and floor support pix on this site and others that google was able to dig up. Here are a few (sorry didn't give credit to those who took them). Not sure what portion you're referring to.

Attachments

• floor support.jpg
    floor support.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 76
  • floor supports.jpg
    floor supports.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 69
  • floor pans in.jpg
    floor pans in.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 63

Rocko1012

1. New Body Bushings
Are you saying new tunnel cover sits 1 inch above #1 floor support?
Pictures when you can

OP
OP
brad smith

brad smith

Loc.
tupelo ,ms
Yes the front floor support in the first pic. But what I'm saying is that when I put the floor pan with the hump the very center of the floor pan does not hit against the floor support. The rest of the floor piece rests great on it but the center run. It's the hump/ center. I can press it down to meet it. But it seems like it's gonna be in a pressure stress If you know what I mean. And I still don't know how to upload pics on this site. Ha. 🤔🤔. I guess I dumb

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
To post pictures you need to contributor for $12 for the year. Hopefully someone will post the link. You can go to the upper left on this page to get there as well. Sorry I don't remember the steps, I paid for multiple years and need to be retrained.

I can't help you with your issue but interested in what is suggested since it's something I'll be doing down the road.

Rocko1012

Had same problem, Need to insure you have the hump on fire wall supported, it will drop some when you cut out floor, I shimmed the top of #1 floor support with 3/16 plate to make up some difference. When put tech screws in to hold it pulled down has slight bow. If appears that center hump section is to high in new floor panel?

Attachments

• floor support.jpg
    floor support.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
brad smith

brad smith

Loc.
tupelo ,ms
Thank you for the info. I will try that. I also see the diff in your support vs my support. I purchased mine from toms. And it is diff make than what you have pic.

OP
OP
brad smith

brad smith

Loc.
tupelo ,ms
Had same problem, Need to insure you have the hump on fire wall supported, it will drop some when you cut out floor, I shimmed the top of #1 floor support with 3/16 plate to make up some difference. When put tech screws in to hold it pulled down has slight bow. If appears that center hump section is to high in new floor panel?

Yes the center is to high in floor panel. And the support is not meeting the center hump just on the top ridge. The sides seem fine. It's just the gap at the top ridge.