• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1977 Ford Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
mine are attached with screws, how are they supposed to be attached?

That’s not my direct issue, but indicative of other things.

Zoom/enlarge the images and you’ll see some paint crack around the heads from either over tightening or too soon after paint. Since the heads are painted, they were done at the same time and not shot separately. So I’m doubting there were guide/pilot holes drilled. I’ve seen them with screws that looked fantastic. The unlevel tips of the flares and odd angles (to me) means the installer eye-balled it rather than taping and test fitting. We’re talking new car prices now and to price something like that; basic expectations aren’t being met.

I prefer rivets for flare installs (flat tops with nothing to snag) with a thin runner welting around to hug the body and minimize warping), but to each their own. Something about the non-symmetrical screw heads and unleveled tops irk me. And yes, all the switch plates in my home have screws pointing vertically plumb because I can’t take it other wise.

That’s my main issue; that this is (but is it really any more?) a high asking price Bronco and immediately I see flaws in fit and finish with an admitted new paint job. Perhaps it’s a knee jerk reaction to protect the community here and anyone lurking and looking.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
That’s not my direct issue, but indicative of other things.

Zoom/enlarge the images and you’ll see some paint crack around the heads from either over tightening or too soon after paint. Since the heads are painted, they were done at the same time and not shot separately. So I’m doubting there were guide/pilot holes drilled. I’ve seen them with screws that looked fantastic. The unlevel tips of the flares and odd angles (to me) means the installer eye-balled it rather than taping and test fitting. We’re talking new car prices now and to price something like that; basic expectations aren’t being met.

I prefer rivets for flare installs (flat tops with nothing to snag) with a thin runner welting around to hug the body and minimize warping), but to each their own. Something about the non-symmetrical screw heads and unleveled tops irk me. And yes, all the switch plates in my home have screws pointing vertically plumb because I can’t take it other wise.

That’s my main issue; that this is (but is it really any more?) a high asking price Bronco and immediately I see flaws in fit and finish with an admitted new paint job. Perhaps it’s a knee jerk reaction to protect the community here and anyone lurking and looking.

I had only looked at the pic of the left rear and thought the rear flare was uneven, but now looking at the direct shot of the driver side I see what you mean, they are different than most I've seen but at the same time kinda symmetrical???

no disrespect to seller, an asking price is just a start to negotiations IMO, good luck

OP
OP
P

Pangus1

Loc.
Fairfield
That’s not my direct issue, but indicative of other things........

I appreciate your and attention to detail. The car was painted 5+ years ago by the previous owner and has since been maintained with compound wax and polish. As i made clear in the ad, the paint is not perfect and they missed details such as the engine bay. I in no way tried to hide these facts.

The previous owner was also responsible for the suspension, fenders and body lift. While you are so concerned about the price and pin-pointing the angle of every screw, I invite all reasonable offers. The goal of this was to sell the truck as the comfortable weekend cruiser it was used for. Please let me know if this is not the proper platform.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
No offense Pangus, but I would start over with a more personal description of YOUR Bronco. Looks like you started out that way, but by the end it sounded more like a ‘76 Ford sales brochure.

Talk about how it handles, how it starts up, little sounds it makes, small oil leaks, how the doors open and close, how the undercarriage was hosed down regularly due to what sounds like a salty environment...the list goes on.

Mine for example has a small leak on one of the valve covers, the driver door seems like it’s getting a little harder to open, and since I put the hard top on recently there’s a squeak in the right rear that’s driving me nuts...all of which I would mention in a sales ad.

This is a great website and a good place to sell, but the popularity of the Bronco has drawn in flippers, scammers and car salesmen of all types creating accounts on here just to sell. And why wouldn’t they?!

So nothing personal and again, good luck

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
...oh and by the way, the man has a point ;D

Attachments

• 58A2825E-2E98-4790-BE4D-5606E117D48B.jpg
    58A2825E-2E98-4790-BE4D-5606E117D48B.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 55

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
1st Rodeo.....if you look up the address on google earth, it is shown as Redline Restorations, so the 'salesman description' now makes sense.

To O.P.: NO OFFENSE meant, but all dealer ads sound similar and it seems easy to figure out that it isn't an individual (like myself) trying to sell their Bronco.

It is nice, but should have some underside pics included. I think I posted around 50 pics in my ad, including closeups of areas that I considered 'issues'. A half dozen or so pictures for a $37,000 price tag just seems a bit weak.

There are other noticeable things, beside the mis-aligned fender flares and paint under the hood, such as no dash pad, cassette player with knobs that don't look right.

Still, Good Luck with your sale!!

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
1st Rodeo.....if you look up the address on google earth, it is shown as Redline Restorations, so the 'salesman description' now makes sense.

I should have known %)

congrats on yours Pops, hope you got something else in the shop to keep you busy

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I invite all reasonable offers. The goal of this was to sell the truck as the comfortable weekend cruiser it was used for. Please let me know if this is not the proper platform.

Nope, you're in the right place.
Just dealing with purists and perfectionists.

Status
Not open for further replies.