• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Track bar bushing question

CartF1Fan

Loc.
Cary
Hi, rebuilding a front end and have a question on the track bar. I have the old bushings removed and the one side looks OK (pic1.jpg) but I'm wondering about the 'oval' side. Does the metal 'collar' need to come out of that end or is it meant to be there? (pic2.jpg)

TIA

Pic 1
preview

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cx1kpoZQoqYLTmo9m79fvpVc7PPNOn4u/preview
Pic2
preview

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bz5_2aG5rW_HQ1zB2PMv-wfm5zr20jQZ/preview

OP
OP
CartF1Fan

CartF1Fan

Loc.
Cary
The new bushing is oval so I'm assuming that its fine.

The bushing size suggests I need to pound out the collar, but want to be sure.

pfdff1115

Contributor
Bronco Builder
Loc.
Jamestown, IN
let me eat my own words, i apologize that must be off a 76 or 77 that had a unique track bar. As far as the metal sleeve, IDK..

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Hmm?
That's an oddity for sure.
Are you sure that track bar is from a '77 and not a later model, or even an aftermarket part?

I could only guess, but I'd pull that lining out.

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
>>> the stock rubber bushing had that outer sleeve... polyurethane bushings don't have or use that sleeve.... below is a pic of a new stock '76-'77 upper trac-bar bushing...

Attachments

• trac-bar-bushing-c5tz-3b177-a.jpg
    trac-bar-bushing-c5tz-3b177-a.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 76-77-upper-trac-bar-bushing-c5tz-3b177-a.jpg
    76-77-upper-trac-bar-bushing-c5tz-3b177-a.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 21

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
>>> the stock rubber bushing had that outer sleeve... polyurethane bushings don't have or use that sleeve.... below is a pic of a new stock '76-'77 upper trac-bar bushing...

That's right!
I've replaced mine so many times with the poly ones that I forgot what the OEM bushing looked like.

OP
OP
CartF1Fan

CartF1Fan

Loc.
Cary

Perfect ! Thanks that was just the confirmation I was looking for. Now just to get that sleeve out :(