• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cars at car shows

dereksavy

Loc.
BC Broncos Ingram, T
Hey guys and girls,

I have a question. Who out there is tired of all the Mustangs, Tri-5 Chevys, Novas etc at every car show? We entered a few of them with Broncos and have done well, but we are amazed at how the organizers are creating so many different classes. Over 10 classes just for Mustang, and another 10 for Nova/Chevelle.

I can't wait till it's the Crown Vic/ Caprice that are on show. At least it will be something different.

Enough of my daily rant. Guess I'm just wanting to see something different at car shows.:(

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Hey guys and girls,

I have a question. Who out there is tired of all the Mustangs, Tri-5 Chevys, Novas etc at every car show? We entered a few of them with Broncos and have done well, but we are amazed at how the organizers are creating so many different classes. Over 10 classes just for Mustang, and another 10 for Nova/Chevelle.

I can't wait till it's the Crown Vic/ Caprice that are on show. At least it will be something different.

Enough of my daily rant. Guess I'm just wanting to see something different at car shows.:(

Those different classes have the masses. Having the good fortune of owning both a Bronco and a Mustang, I can say my Mustang gets far more attention than the Bronco from all age groups.

Tim

Major Tom

Contributor
I had my 66 roadster in a car show parked next to a 57 chevy. My bronco got a lot more attention than the Chevy. The Chevy guy could not understand why everyone was looking at my Bronco. 1200 cars and the only Bronco

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
I had my 66 roadster in a car show parked next to a 57 chevy. My bronco got a lot more attention than the Chevy. The Chevy guy could not understand why everyone was looking at my Bronco. 1200 cars and the only Bronco

ditto this past weekend , different car/truck parked next to me thou , but the Bronco had more ppl taking pic's of it , to the point the owner of the 53 Ford P/U said to me , dude folks really like your Bronco ..
I was 1 out of the 200 + hot-rods there ,, yes alot smaller show , but same interest in the EB .. ;D

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I wouldn't say tired of seeing them... Remember that our Broncos were the Nissan Xterra of the day. Sorry, Ford Explore went unibody and no one I've seen is cutting and lifting them.

Broncos caught fire once they started rolling across auction blocks and TV shows well after Stacey David's build started building them.

You wouldn't believe how many people ask if this is a Bronco II and when I inform them the year they reply with ignorance like "Oh, I thought only Jeep was around back then."

Then, I see other people, young and old alike, paying huge respect towards my rig.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
When I attend Fabulous Fords in Anaheim, It's hard to appreciate the Mustangs because of the huge number of entries. I really think most people will gravitate to the unusual and unique rather than the sea of common cars. I guess that's why I can't get interested in Harley Davidson bikes. There are so many, they've just lost that "cool factor".
BTW, I saw a really clean Mustang II the other day. Pretty cool! Not that I really liked that model but that it had escaped the crusher. ;)

sriha

Corvettes are really popular around here. One show I went to a few times was put on by the Vet club so I can understand that there were many at that event. Cruise night though, there had to be over 30 Vets. Hardly anyone does anything to make them stand out.

Sporto

Took the family Packard to an all class show this weekend. Out of 200 or so cars, most were newer Mustangs, Vettes and Camaros. Lots of hot rods and other old muscle car varieties. It can be frustrating sometimes, because a lot of shows really cater to that crowd b/c of the numbers, and the fewer older class cars (mine is pre 1940) get relegated to a back part of the show grounds off the beaten path. This show however had everyone mixed up, and I got a lot of people checking the car out that I would not have gotten at any other show. It was interesting to see and hear what people were saying about it, since most of the time the enthusiasts are the only one's that find you at the other shows, and they know what they're looking at. Still an enjoyable experience and I am hoping to take my Bronco to a show some time soon.

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
they have so many classes to keep people coming back every year.. figure each person plays 20 or more to enter and they walk away with a $5 trophy.. then they come back every year.. .. I dont mind if it keeps the shows going.. the more the better and if i am the only bronco then that is even better.. in my eyes..

Major Tom

Contributor
The show I was in , is an annual event called Automania. there is about 20 or more blocks in downtown closed off. everyone is welcome, no entry fee , no classes, no judging or trophy's. there is a lot of food vendors and live bands from the 60's.

OP
OP
dereksavy

dereksavy

Loc.
BC Broncos Ingram, T
The show I was in , is an annual event called Automania. there is about 20 or more blocks in downtown closed off. everyone is welcome, no entry fee , no classes, no judging or trophy's. there is a lot of food vendors and live bands from the 60's.

That is my style of car show. Where you might get the chance to see something totally out of the ordinary.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Corvettes are really popular around here.

Take note of my location. I'm pretty much sick of the things. The local Wendy's has "Corvette only" parking. If I catch it open, I'll park there just to piss them off. I've seen so many of them they just don't register hardly.

I like older trucks and 4x4's. For the most part, cars are cool but I'm not nearly as interested in them. Last cars that caught my attention were GT40 in a parking lot, and a Shelby Cobra at a show.

OP
OP
dereksavy

dereksavy

Loc.
BC Broncos Ingram, T
Take note of my location. I'm pretty much sick of the things. The local Wendy's has "Corvette only" parking. If I catch it open, I'll park there just to piss them off. I've seen so many of them they just don't register hardly.

I like older trucks and 4x4's. For the most part, cars are cool but I'm not nearly as interested in them. Last cars that caught my attention were GT40 in a parking lot, and a Shelby Cobra at a show.

Now the GT40 would catch my eye. The Shelby, not to much. Now add an SL300 gull-wing and maybe an Aston Martin or 3. Now your talking.

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
It's hard to appreciate the Mustangs because of the huge number of entries. I really think most people will gravitate to the unusual and unique rather than the sea of common cars

Tell me about it. So many, I will not even park near all the other Mustangs. Like 20 Mustang coupes at the last show. I don't even give them a glance. I feel my 69 Mach 1 390 car in GulfStream Aqua deserves better....LOL

I search out the unusual, unique and rare.

Tim

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Here is what cough my eye. uploadfromtaptalk1381170166291.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1381170204079.jpg

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Deano

Bronco Guru
Car shows are great but when your not aloud to participate because your not a new mustang or new corvette this crap sucks! I like to park beside them everytime I go to a show just to piss them off! And it works!

cs_88

Bronco Guru
I love going to car shows so I can see the countless number of old Fords with 350's in them.
What an original concept.