• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adjustable Early Bronco Bumpers!! *ON HOLD for a redesign*

bk005

Loc.
San Antonio
Progress on the Swing Away...

Thinking on mirroring the design to the drivers side and leaving just the tube to mount whatever. Jerry Can, Cooler, Toilet Seat...whatever blows your hair back.

Opinions?

I think having the swing arm overlap the face of the bumper messes up the good looking lines of your bumper. I can understand why for strength of pivot but I really like the swings that ride paralel on top of the bumper. Dont get me wrong I dig your bumpers and I only put my 2 cents in because I plan to buy a set.

Thanks for putting options like this out !

OP
OP
76MaBronco

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
I get your point. I thought of the axle and bearing design. Strong, can be greased, sealed...but once the axle snaps, what have you got left? This is rebuildable (inexpensively) and easily put together. Function was more of a factor. Plus, it's a kit. It can be changed any way you like!!

OP
OP
76MaBronco

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Beginning January 1st, I'm going to reduce the discount for full payment from 10% to 5%.
Get the deal now if you can.

OP
OP
76MaBronco

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
I've been working on the swing away...not done yet, but this is the path I'm taking. All boxed for strength and totally rebuildable.

Attachments

• Tire carrier Concept 2.JPG
    Tire carrier Concept 2.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 328
OP
OP
76MaBronco

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Black Friday Deal anyone?

Order a single, or a set. Get up to $75 off on shipping.

Order can be paid with either a deposit or full payment to qualify. Order must be made (i.e. payment sent) on Friday, November 29th, 2013. Parts will be made and shipped as soon as possible, usually in about a week.

Last edited:

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Black Friday Deal anyone?

Order a single, or a set. Get $75 off on shipping.

Order can be paid with either a deposit or full payment to qualify. Order must be made (i.e. payment sent) on Friday, November 29th, 2013. Parts will be made and shipped as soon as possible, usually in about a week.

PM sent Steve

fatboy4211

Loc.
Ennis, TX
I've been working on the swing away...not done yet, but this is the path I'm taking. All boxed for strength and totally rebuildable.

I like the bumper with tire rack, but really would like a setup for my yeti too. it wont fit inside!

If this has been answered already, im sorry. let me know if its possible along with price please.

OP
OP
76MaBronco

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
I like the bumper with tire rack, but really would like a setup for my yeti too. it wont fit inside!

If this has been answered already, im sorry. let me know if its possible along with price please.

I don't think a YETI mount has been asked for before. I'd need some dimensions of the bottom, or ultimately the cooler itself, in order to design that option correctly.

The swing away will have the 'barn door' arms, so anything could be mounted to the other side. It would have to be designed before I could see how much it cost.

OP
OP
76MaBronco

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
The sale on shipping ends in just under three hours! Save yourself up to $75 when a deposit or full payment is received before midnight tonight!!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
if you need to measure a "yeti" let me know

Rckymtnbronco

Standing by on the swing away...will definitely be interested in one. Please let me know once done...:)

OP
OP
76MaBronco

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Design for the rear swing away is complete. Cutting material for the prototype soon...

I want to build it before I show the pics...

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Hello Steve, wanted to let you know that I received the front plate today. I'm sure the other parts will be delivered today at some point. Your PM box is full.

Thanks

JSmall

Bronco Guru
As soon as I hit send on my last post I heard "FedEx is here". I have both packages. Thanks again