• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

KS WANTED: 1966-68 Ford Bronco U13 Roadster

Status
Not open for further replies.

vernonestes

Hi Guys,

My name is Vern and I generally pal around in the Mustang and Shelby circles...SAAC, MCA, all that stuff.

As generally is the case, I caught the bug for certain cars at just the wrong time (when they are getting much more expensive!)

Specifically, I have become moderately obsessed with U13 Roadsters. Don't really know why...I just think they look like a ton of fun and I love the rarity of them.

If you have a U13 which you want to sell, I would absolutely love to hear from you. I am seriously interested in purchasing. I promise that I will not waste anyone's time and I am also not looking to steal anything.

As far as requirements, I am actually fairly open. My one real requirement is that any potential purchase has to be an honest truck. Hopefully the following gives anyone who might have one an idea of what I am open to...

-It could be anything from original paint, to fully restored, to a used up/ratty ole girl that wears patina proudly. Cosmetic condition, again, just has to be honest. I don't want something which was beat to death, rusted, and then filled with bondo and laid with a slick paint job to look good in photos. I would even consider a restoration project but likely only something that didnt need body work or something which already has the body done honestly. Only reason for that is because I am not a restoration shop. I can handle anything other than body and paint though. If a project, I would need it to be mostly complete just because I am not familiar with many people in the Bronco world so parts sourcing for me could be difficult. If you need Shelby/Mustang parts, I can find you darn near anything but I cant say the same for a Bronco.

-I am open to any of the three years from 66-68 so long as it is a real U13 truck. I love the unique and interesting features of the earliest Budd broncos but I also like the extra rarity which comes with a 67-68 truck.

-I am open to darn near any color really. I am not very choosy on color..i think these trucks look good in just about any color you throw on them. Heck, I even like some colors that I think the market at large probably doesn't like as much as your typical reds, blues...like the dark green they did, or the sandy beige I have see on other member's trucks. I think all the colors look pretty darn nice. I guess I would prefer to have a truck which is still in whichever color it was originally in. But, again, that can be any color they offered.

-I would absolutely love to find a factory V8 truck from any of the years..and I would be willing to pay the premium associated with that..but I like the way the 6s drive as well and I dont mind them one bit. I accept that, in all likelihood, a 6 is going to be what I end up with but a V8 is the dream if anyone wants to cut one loose..i would also be willing to take something that might not meet all the preferences listed here if it was a V8 truck.

-Intended use of the truck is to drive it. I cant think of anything more fun to putt around town in than one of these roadsters! It wont be daily driven but probably driven once or twice a week in nice weather.

-Now the big one..BUDGET..simply put..there isnt one. I would pay a fair/appropriate price...just depends on what the truck is. Obviously a V8 truck is going to be more than a 6 with all else being equal. A completely original paint truck is going to be more (i would assume, usually) than a restored truck. A project should surly be far less than a completed truck. I am open. And I am not trying to steal anything.

Finally, in full disclosure, I do buy and sell Shelbys, Mustangs, and other high performance Ford's. I am absolutely NOT looking to get into the Bronco dealing business and I am not looking for a truck to flip. I just wanted to put this out there before someone searches my name, calls me out for being a dealer, and makes the reasonable assumption that I am looking for a truck to flip. My website is below...you will find a recent add I ran for a 66 U15 V8 which was owned by Tim Hulick. Sold it in less than a week for him and it was a great truck. Tim asked that I take the truck on consignment from him and I was glad to help him out since it looked so good...but I am not looking to buy Broncos to turn them. I have a list of a number of Broncos which I would like to own for myself...first on that list is a GREAT Roadster! Below is the ad for Tim's truck and you will also see throughout the rest of my website some of the other sorts of stuff that I like. I'm the smallest car dealer you will ever see and, again, I am not looking for a truck through this ad in order to flip it. I only buy and sell a very small niche of cars and Ill leave the ridiculous speculating we are seeing on these trucks up to other guys. I just want a roadster because they are happy/iconic cars and I NEEED TO OWN ONE!

http://www.vernonestesclassics.com/#/1966-ford-bronco/

Anyway, thanks for reading this long winded appeal and please reach out if you happen to have, or know of, something that you think might interest me! I am willing to pay you a bird dog fee if you lead me to a truck that I buy also!

Kind regards,
Vernon Estes

vestes85@gmail.com

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Welcome! I share you affection for the U13. I'm sure there's one out there for you. I visited your website, very impressive.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Welcome, and be careful with Tim, he'll get you hooked on those topless roadsters :)

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Welcome aboard, Vernon. You certainly have one of the best there for sale from one of the best in our hobby!

I've followed some of the cars you've sold on BaT - beautiful to say the least.

Todd Z.

gray gables

should have gone to the greenich ct show this weekend, one was for sale down there. Sorry I have no other info for you.

OP
OP
V

vernonestes

Hey Dudes,

Sorry for not responding sooner...I have not been on the forum in a bit as I have been out of town quite a bit.

I really appreciate all the comments through!

Kind regards,
Vern

OP
OP
V

vernonestes

Welcome aboard, Vernon. You certainly have one of the best there for sale from one of the best in our hobby!

I've followed some of the cars you've sold on BaT - beautiful to say the least.

Todd Z.

Thanks very much for the compliments Todd!

I've also read on BaT (with great envy) about your adventures with your racing Bronco!

Kind regards,
Vern

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Vern, I dropped you a call this early evening so if you got a 1/2 coherent message it was mine. I hate leaving voicemail for some odd reason I lock up and don't know what to say. lol Anyways I'm working on a couple of interesting projects that might be right what your looking for.

Please call me at your convenience and I can go over current restorations and some future ones coming up.

Thanks Jeff
216-571-6843 cell

OP
OP
V

vernonestes

Hey Guys!

Just wanted to Drop a happy note on this thread that I did end up being able to work with Rich (rmiller747) to purchase his U13 in the above post!

Absolutely thrilled to get the truck here in Kansas City and I consider myself very fortunate to have found such an honest, original example!

The Bronco bug has really bitten the hell out of me though....anyone want to part with a V8 truck now? ;D

Kind regards,
Vernon

Last edited:

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to happy drop a note on this thread that I did end up being able to work with Rich (rmiller747) to purchase his U13 in the above post!

Absolutely thrilled to get the truck here in Kansas City and I consider myself very fortunate to have found such an honest, original example!

The Bronco bug has really bitten the hell out of me though....anyone want to part with a V8 truck now? ;D

Kind regards,
Vernon

That's about as fantastic of an original as they come. I've got it's u14 66' brother in pretty much the same condition, same color. Just need to find a 66' u15 in Arcadian Blue in the same original condition for a triplet pic now. :cool:

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to Drop a happy note on this thread that I did end up being able to work with Rich (rmiller747) to purchase his U13 in the above post!

Kind regards,
Vernon

Awesome! I'm very glad you found a good one. I've seen it in person and I absolutely love it. I hope you enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.