• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Ruffstuff 9" Truss!

ransil

Bronco Guru
Do you make more than one style?
I purchased one but it will not fit my early bronco axle the truss is longer than the axle.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
They are made to be cut to fit, they are made to be as long as the longest made and should be fitted up to the disc brake brackets to get the most support...

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Any news on this?

I'm another interested in a top truss for use with leaf springs as well.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
We've gone a slightly different way in terms of how we are making back trusses work with Ubolts/Leaf springs.

When we are putting back trusses on one of our Fabbed 9" housings for a leaf sprung application, we've got a piece that we use to notch the back truss and leave a gap between the housing and the truss where the U-Bolts pass through. It is essentially a rectangle with coped ends to match the axle tube, that has 2 90* bends.

The part we have is coped for our 3.5" axle tubes, but could be easily modified with a grinder to work for a factory 9" axle housing and back truss.

I'll see if I can get a pic for you guys, its not something we have on the website but if you call or email the sales office when you are ordering the back truss we can add a couple of those in for you.

In terms of a top truss, with leaf springs, really the only way you can do it is have it a short truss from the top of the pumpkin and tie into the leaf spring perch on the inboard side. You could if you were feeling ambitious build truss that extends from the leaf perch outward, but that would be overkill if you want my $0.02.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
The 9" is a good axle, but most of them are at an.... advanced age.... put the lead back in it's pencil and keep it going strong for years to come.