• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

radiator core support

daves bronco

Loc.
Bonney lake WA
I have a 66 with the 170. The 170 is gone and i will be going to a v8. my question is do i need to get the v8 core support or modify mine for a new radiator

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
The 6cyl core support has a different radiator mounting brackets.

Guess I would probably get the V8 radiator core support as the opening for the air flow is larger.

jdbronco

Loc.
Panama City Beach
If I remember correctly, it doesn't cost very much for the pieces to weld on for the V8 mounts. I bought mine from TBP when I did mine. Cut the old mounts off and open the hole and weld the new ones one where the instructions tell you to. Then the stock, or 4 core supports will mate right up.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
conversion

You will be much happier if you put in the v8 core support. Mark in San Diego; Beach City broncos.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I second the use of the V-8 core support. If you don't do it at least make the cut out for putting in power steering while the motor is out. It isnt much fun to do it later with everything already in the engine bay. Clean, sterilize and paint the engine bay while the motor is still out. is is such a pain to do it once you get the engine back in.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I second the use of the V-8 core support. If you don't do it at least make the cut out for putting in power steering while the motor is out. It isnt much fun to do it later with everything already in the engine bay. Clean, sterilize and paint the engine bay while the motor is still out. is is such a pain to do it once you get the engine back in.

My "probably would" didn't count huh? ;)

OP
OP
D

daves bronco

Loc.
Bonney lake WA
yep I cut the 6 one out. i didnt really want to spend the 250 for a v8 one, but mine was also damaged in a accident from the p.o. and it was not playing nice