• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Art Carr Performance out of Business!

BroncoBernie

Art carr Performance has gone out of business. Bought one of there trannys last year hope it works. :-[

OP
OP
BroncoBernie

BroncoBernie

Called there Phone been trying to get in touch with them.. when you call the first message is we are not at the desk then if you want to leave a message you get they are closing the doors due to poor economic times.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow... I just ordered a longer cable for my shifter from them several months ago. Glad I got it then.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
It was my understanding that the original Art Carr went out of business years ago then the name or remnants of the business was sold to the operation running it out of TX. I've heard that the quality and service was never as good as the original which was actually run by Art Carr himself.

Is this the "new" Art Carr you're referring to?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Wow... I just ordered a longer cable for my shifter from them several months ago. Glad I got it then.

The shifters are actually manufactured about 5 miles from my house in York, PA by Winters Performance / Maverick Industries and are private labeled for Art Carr. Winters makes custom 9" parts, race car transmissions, and quick change rear ends as well as a slew of other stuff.

You will be able to get shifter parts direct from them.

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
Hummmm.. I will have to go by there next week to check. They are just South of Abilene by the Regional Hosp... I sure hope not, I just put one of their C4's with all of the goodies in my Bronco and haven't got to test it yet :)

Mike

OP
OP
BroncoBernie

BroncoBernie

I just got one of there c4 too and have not tested. They are out of texas. Art Carr Performance.

Toddpole

Contributor
Drove by about 30 minutes ago. Locked up but you can see inside the office. Looks like they're just closed for the day but the message on the answering machine states that they are closed due to "Bad economic times." They may have shut down in the last few days and haven't had time to clean the place out. On the other hand, the weather in Abilene, where they are located, has been pretty bad since early Tuesday morning. Snow and ice has had the city shut down until today.
My understanding is that they are owned by another machine shop in town by the name of Hartmann's. They might be able to shed some light on the situation. I called Hartmann's today and they are closed due to the weather.

brewchief

It was my understanding that the original Art Carr went out of business years ago then the name or remnants of the business was sold to the operation running it out of TX. I've heard that the quality and service was never as good as the original which was actually run by Art Carr himself.

Is this the "new" Art Carr you're referring to?

This is the real Art Carr, http://www.cpttransmission.com/

OP
OP
BroncoBernie

BroncoBernie

Trans

I understand that it is not the art carr but at some point the name was sold and this company was very good I was told. I see that Bc broncos is selling ART Carr performance transmissions and he could not have seen it coming. I have a very high opinion of Bc Broncos and know they thought highly of these transmissions. Oh well just hope it runs well, time will tell.

Bronco_Loco

The company Art Carr is out of business.
The man Art Carr is still in business here:

California Performance Transmission
5502 Engineer Dr.
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
714-901-3777