• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC Looking for a daily driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBennett29

I am looking for a 66-77, prefer automatic, no major projects. I can deal with some rust, but would prefer not to. This would be my daughter's car so mechanically sound is a must.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
How old is your daughter??? Saw a similar question (unanswered, if I recall) in one of your other threads. Not really a safe vehicle for a younger driver.....no airbags or collapsible steering wheel among other things.

Neither my daughter (soon to be 25) nor son (soon to be 20) have driven my Bronco even 6"!!!! Daughter is on her 3rd Wrangler - much safer for a younger driver. Son is on his second Ranger pickup truck, again, much safer than a Bronco.

If your daughter is an 'older/mature' driver, it may not be an issue.

Sorry for the rant, concerned with the safety aspect.

OP
OP
M

MBennett29

appreciate the feedback

I have listed to some of the other posts, and have come to agree with that as a big concern, going in a different direction.

thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Glad to hear that you are reconsidering. Even a good experienced driver needs to be cautious and concerned in a stock Bronco these days. And then there are people like my neighbor.

Years ago I talked him out of buying a Bronco because I knew he wasn’t safe in it. The guy just could not drive. He simply did not pay attention to what he was doing and his cars were all beat to hell. I knew if he bought a Bronco he would probably be dead in a matter of weeks.

He ended up with a Jeep Cherokee. A month later he drove it thru the front of his garage, took out the wall, and hit a tree at his lake house. Six months after that he backed it thru the garage door...... months after that, he was in a hurry backing out of the drive. Hit the gas, flew across the street, took out a mailbox, and bottomed out in a ditch. Luckily this guy rarely got on a highway.

Last edited:

Tugross302

My first vehicle was a ‘77 bronco. I was 15. Couldn’t get my license til I was 16. I drove it on back roads til I got my license. Three on the tree even. And it did the death wobble occasionally. My dad bought it for me so either he didn’t love me or he figured if I could drive that then I could drive anything.

Tcb3078

Loc.
Charlotte
I have a bronco, no rust, 300ci 6cyl, that had a frame off started, so the frame/chassis is fantastic. Body/paint is passable, but to step it up, could use a maaco job. going to put for sale, but great truck. message me if interested.

Attachments

• 20180517_134918.jpg
    20180517_134918.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 62

LilMixedUp

Loc.
Bonaire
I have a 72 that has been a three year work in progress. I currently have soft top with windows out so I only drive it on sunny days with 20% or less chance of rain. 95% complete with a laundry list of upgrades and mods. PM me with number and email address. I'll get you some pics and list of what has been accomplished

Status
Not open for further replies.