• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dynacorn Bronco Body

gtimbrell

Loc.
New York
As part of the research into a custom off-body eb build - I spoke with the team at Dynacorn. Not sure the general opinions on reproduction bodies but after speaking with them (I know them from the Mustang Universe) - it appears their Bronco Reproduction Body prototype is fall along. They are reviewing the prototype to see if there is tooling or jigging that needs to be done before going into commercial production.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/11/07/dynacorn-introduces-reproduction-bronco-body/

Any opinions?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Search "dynacorn" on this site. It has been well discussed and already beaten to death. Unless you have a date that they will be sold or solid pricing info there is little that can be added that hasn't already be discussed before.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Been discussed here a number of times. A couple of our members have seen the prototype at SEMA. No one seems to know when or if they'll be available for purchase. Would be nice if they did eventually come out, but even more important if they'll come out at a reasonable price.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Considering what sheetmetal repair could cost, 10k might not be all that bad.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
We could only hope for $10K. Considering the mustang bodys go for $15K. bronco body parts kits go for $4K without shipping and you still need fenders grill, doors and tailgate. Add labor into that and your over $10K quick. I think the price will be around $15k but who knows we may get lucky.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I wonder what it means that "Ford will NOT license the reproduction body...." in their context?
Did they authorize/license the Mustang bodies?

Maybe without the licensing fees/hoops to jump through, they can actually meet the goal of under 10 grand for the price.
Assuming that is, that they aren't forced to change something so it doesn't look so much like a copy of a Ford product. Even if it doesn't say "Ford" anywhere.
We'll see about that I guess.

Always waiting. Will be interested to hear when they hit our shores.
Oh, and did you guys click on the adverts in the sidebar? $120k EB and a $23k '81 FS Bronco.
Beautiful restoration on the full-size, but it's hard to even get $2500 for one around here these days.
Maybe the provenance will do the trick. %)

Paul

Broncitis

MEB Founder
FWIW,

I had conversations with two different people "inside the industry" at the recent Carlisle All-Ford Nationals that indicated that they did not think Dynacorn would EVER get a complete body to market, and one went so far as to say he was not sure that Dynacorn would even exist in a few more years. The other person I talked to later said he would not be surprised of that either.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
FWIW,

I had conversations with two different people "inside the industry" at the recent Carlisle All-Ford Nationals that indicated that they did not think Dynacorn would EVER get a complete body to market, and one went so far as to say he was not sure that Dynacorn would even exist in a few more years. The other person I talked to later said he would not be surprised of that either.

Interesting. Financial issues? Other vendors taking their market share?

BRONCOBERT

Too bad they are made in Taiwan! that cant help with the quality?
They are remaking several cars now but most people want the real thing, mUch better then a fiberglass tub. IMO

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Interesting. Financial issues? Other vendors taking their market share?

They did not give details, but I think ongoing quality issues has been a big one.

The many years these are overdue has likely also not been good financially since money was surely laid out, but has not been recouped yet.

I did meet another manufacturer who said they plan to tool up to make complete Bronco bodies as well. They had other shells and complete bodies on hand at the show for others models that they make now. They claim to make the majority of their parts in house, in the USA.

The two sample car bodies they had at the show looked pretty nice from everything I could tell.

Hopefully something of good quality and a reasonable price will finally hit the market in the next few years from one of them or maybe even someone else?

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
They did not give details, but I think ongoing quality issues has been a big one.

The many years these are overdue has likely also not been good financially since money was surely laid out, but has not been recouped yet.

I did meet another manufacturer who said they plan to tool up to make complete Bronco bodies as well. They had other shells and complete bodies on hand at the show for others models that they make now. They claim to make the majority of their parts in house, in the USA.

The two sample car bodies they had at the show looked pretty nice from everything I could tell.

Hopefully something of good quality and a reasonable price will finally hit the market in the next few years from one of them or maybe even someone else?

Good to hear. I would hate to see our supply of decent workable sheet metal dry up.

Even better if the stuff is made here.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
To clarify a little. Yes the parts are stamped overseas. But the assambely of the parts into a complete body shell is actually done here in the states.

I have personally talked with them extensively over many years at SEMA.

BRONCOBERT

To clarify a little. Yes the parts are stamped overseas. But the assambely of the parts into a complete body shell is actually done here in the states.

I have personally talked with them extensively over many years at SEMA.

In the article above it states that all the stamping and assembly work is slated to take place in Taiwan.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
T

That right there is the major killer of many businesses. I would venture to say that more than half of the small shipyards we've dealt with over the last 30 years died from that disease...had a potentially good product but ate up far too much personal, investor or bank cash trying to get it their invention in to the water and working properly.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
I can't imagine that it is a financially prudent business move on their part to make and sell these things. Especially at a ~$10k price tag.

Think about how many Mustangs are out there getting restored...

Now think about how many Broncos there are...

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
Ok...lets just scratch our heads for a minute.....china is capable of mass production of a part that was photographed with a ultrastrong telephoto lens.......taiwan.....just how far is that from china.....with a ultrastrong telephoto lens .....not far at all......i have a feeling we could pick one up at harbor fright.....faster than they could say....flied lice

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok...lets just scratch our heads for a minute.....china is capable of mass production of a part that was photographed with a ultrastrong telephoto lens.......taiwan.....just how far is that from china.....with a ultrastrong telephoto lens .....not far at all......i have a feeling we could pick one up at harbor fright.....faster than they could say....flied lice

Here's the problem with that. My Pantera is a classic example. Stamped body parts were easily popped out by the hundreds. But accurately assembled bodies, on the other hand, an entirely different matter. Entirely different.

In the case of the EB, each received "more or less" the same degree of assembly care as they went down the line. Panteras, on the other hand..each body was individually assembled by a "3-man team" and then sent onward only after they declared they were "done" with it. Holy smokes...can't you imagine the differences from one to the next??

Dynacorn is trying to duplicate the marginal-at-best-but adequate dimensional repitition of the 1960s Ford assembly line with something akin to the "hand built" nature of many 60s and 70s limited production vehicles. A tough row to how, that one.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
There you go spouting off about your Pantera again. Whuddaya want a cookie or something? I mean your hand built Pantera is no different than the Pantera that I own. Are you saying that the guy was hung over the day he built mine? Pfft. %)

Elitist!!

DeLorean for the win!!!!