• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Classic Bronco Tube Doors

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I am now building some tube doors for the early Bronco. The doors are made from 1 3/4" x .095" tubing. My standard design uses the door post part of the original hinge along with the stock hing pin. The latch is a simple turn lever to catch the stock door post striker. A rubber cushion is supplied to eliminate rattling on the striker. The doors come in bare metal to be finished by the customer.

The cost of the doors is $230 plus shipping. I have a couple sets built right now and continue to build more. If there is demand for these I will make a list and build the doors for people according to who asked for a set first. I will not take any money until the doors are ready to be shipped. I will do my best to get them made as quick as I can for you, but this is not my main job so it may take a week to get them made if I dont have any in stock at the time.

I am no longer making them to fit lift off hinges. I can supply them without hinge mounts if you would want to do your own. PM me if you have any special requests and I will see if I can do it for you.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need any additional info.

Thanks,

Rob Carlson

Attachments

• TubeDoorNew1.JPG
    TubeDoorNew1.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 5,584
  • TubeDoorNew2.JPG
    TubeDoorNew2.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 3,081
  • TubeDoorNew3.JPG
    TubeDoorNew3.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 3,151
  • TubeDoorNew4.JPG
    TubeDoorNew4.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 2,922
  • TubeDoorNew5.JPG
    TubeDoorNew5.JPG
    221.6 KB · Views: 3,096
  • TubeDoorNew6.JPG
    TubeDoorNew6.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 2,730
  • TubeDoorNew7.JPG
    TubeDoorNew7.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 2,632
Last edited:

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
What size are the lift offs for the wild child, I have the set from BroncoBob/All4Fun/Old Wild horses set of stainless.

Any chance of making some that would work with inserts?

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
What size are the lift offs for the wild child, I have the set from BroncoBob/All4Fun/Old Wild horses set of stainless.

Any chance of making some that would work with inserts?

The Wild Child are 5/16". I do not know what size the stainless ones are. Let me know what they are and maybe I can figure it out for you.

I would love to make them for inserts. I need to get a set soon and try it out. That I believe would look great.

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
(XT700)Payment can be either Pay-Pal or direct payment to me. Pay Pal is rcarlson@usemco.com. PM me if you want direct pay.

(big chuck73)A month would be fine. I have two sets ready right now and I am making more. Let me know if you definately want a set and I will hold a set for you.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
The Wild Child are 5/16". I do not know what size the stainless ones are. Let me know what they are and maybe I can figure it out for you.

I would love to make them for inserts. I need to get a set soon and try it out. That I believe would look great.

Man, I'd give you a set if you could do it! Come on, who is local? We had a whole thread about tube doors for inserts a few months ago, they would be a serious hit! Only issue is bracing which I dont think would be bad, just tie it into the hinge bolts behind the insert and it would be secure.

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Man, I'd give you a set if you could do it! Come on, who is local? We had a whole thread about tube doors for inserts a few months ago, they would be a serious hit! Only issue is bracing which I dont think would be bad, just tie it into the hinge bolts behind the insert and it would be secure.

Which inserts would be best to make them for. I may order a set and build them, but I need to know if the different styles would make a difference. It looks like the one-piece from Wild Horses are the best. Any advice on this?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I think that all the inserts have the same shape and size to them, I can do a couple measurements, I have a set of Tom's 1 piece and a set of old school backless. I think that they would all measure out the same even the 1 piece ones. I can shoot you an idea if you want for the hinge plate.

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I think that all the inserts have the same shape and size to them, I can do a couple measurements, I have a set of Tom's 1 piece and a set of old school backless. I think that they would all measure out the same even the 1 piece ones. I can shoot you an idea if you want for the hinge plate.

Great, go ahead.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Nice design. If you're still building them later on I'll be in touch. Tube doors have been on my list of things to build for a long time but why re-invent the wheel. I've got far too many other things to buy right now that I "need" that are taking precedence over the stuff I want.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here is my very crude representation...this is a see thu pic of course but helps show location, etc. I can clarify if needed.

Attachments

• insert idea.jpg
    insert idea.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 2,670

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
count me in! whenh can they be avalible.. no stess on asap. its winter time but these would be cool for summer.

Tito.. for the door inserts, that would only be for looks, coorect?? i can see you hitting them one time and the fiberglass just cracking. then your out $300 fopr the door inserts

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
count me in! whenh can they be avalible.. no stess on asap. its winter time but these would be cool for summer.

Tito.. for the door inserts, that would only be for looks, coorect?? i can see you hitting them one time and the fiberglass just cracking. then your out $300 fopr the door inserts

For a little "sense" of security and an arm rest. Would also be easy to throw a skin on it for covered half doors too. I havent had a chance yet but I am wanting to make a set to work with my Crab Cage and open out through the insert (for actual protection).

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI

I will have a few more sets ready by the beginning of next week.

With the door inserts, the idea would be to tie the door into the original door mounts, therefore making them structurally sound and independent of the fiberglass inserts. I think i am going to order a set of inserts and take a look into this.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I will have a few more sets ready by the beginning of next week.

With the door inserts, the idea would be to tie the door into the original door mounts, therefore making them structurally sound and independent of the fiberglass inserts. I think i am going to order a set of inserts and take a look into this.

Awesome!!